Dominance War V - 3D - Jorge Lescale - God of Darkness

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2011
Dominance War V - 3D - Jorge Lescale - God of Darkness

I'm in!!!

Final Image:

Hi Res!

Last edited by rattlesnake : 05 May 2011 at 05:38 AM.

03 March 2011
sketching_landing initial proportions

Well, a little update, some proportions test, not sure about the big hands...but lets see what happens

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sketch_proportions.jpg (80.9 KB, 698 views)

03 March 2011
Yay Jorge !!

Han , so cosy to be back with you guys !

I kinda like the big hands , feel a lot more powerful ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

"One today is worth two tomorrows"
-Benjamin Franklin-

03 March 2011
heya battlesnake! glad to see you in!

both versions looks good. it depends on how you want your character to be like. bigger hands make him feel more like a smasher than a thinker to me. curious to see what comes next, go go !!

03 March 2011
Hey mates!! yeah i think Ill pick the bigger hands look so he can look more dangerous,
here i post some more ideas :

all armour will be bones plus flesh plus some metalic parts..actually my concept looks too stylish, my final model will be more rough in dimensions i guess
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sketchingB.jpg (83.1 KB, 592 views)

04 April 2011
hello everyone, decided to sketch something direct into the mesh, im thinking about adding demoniac wings and a heavy shoulderpad, also the weapon will probable be couple of swords, will add some more sketching soon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sketch_proportionsB.jpg (87.3 KB, 518 views)

04 April 2011
At first I was more like "meh ... again a 'dark' god?" but maybe it's your drawing/sculpting style - I really like this. One more thread to watch

04 April 2011
Zykras: haha hello!! yeah i was kinda the same when decided my title..lol!! but wanted to show that i can do something cool even when theres a million of the same...haha

04 April 2011
a little test on the wings...please all comments and ideas are welcome..want to know if something is odd about the design, if not all..haha

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sketch_wingstest.jpg (91.4 KB, 519 views)

04 April 2011
Oh this gets better and better ... I will watch closely what you do, I can learn a lot (and again - thank you so much for the link ^^)
I'm still trying to figure out basic stuff, must be awesome to know what you're doing xD

04 April 2011
just..

yo, i was checking your work and i has thinking in what i can say... is advanced... you poulish the ideas from the start, but now i see something to say.

With the wings there, i sense that they are the unique organic shape in the design (talikg about big shapes). May now you can study some extras on the armor to armonice the set, to put some curves there and here.

Hope this help, peace and good work.

04 April 2011
Hey mate

Looking really great, the overall design is pretty cool ,

One thought tho , are the wings the generated in that shape by the spline either ?
I was wondering how they retract ... folds , mechanical retract , energy materialization ...

Keep up the great work

"One today is worth two tomorrows"
-Benjamin Franklin-

04 April 2011
hey jorge,

good start. like the massive character.
but i think you could try out some other ideas to push the design even more. first the name god of darkness. i can't see why he deserves the name - because he is dark? i would integrate story elements, put some thoughts on his background - what made him the god of darkness. maybe his eyes got burn out, so he can't see anything and is full of rage...don't know -something like this, so you can play with elements, costume design etc. that makes him more unique and interesting
the other thing is his design which reminds me of kratos in god of war. just a bulky warrior with wings. right now it looks a bit too generic. i think with a story behind it and integrating fitting elements to his design you could take it to another level.
just some thoughts...

04 April 2011
Zykras: hey man, well I just basically use the body-browser as reference each time i sculpt human figure to analyze where muscles start and end... and I had learn a lot using it every time

VictorFornes: hi man, I think u have a good point there Im trying to integrate an equal part of organic (fleshy) pieces and mech pieces into the design, but i think I need to plan more about the shapes and give it balance that way, the wings are only a test but I think Ill keep the and fix the design so they fit better, thanx for the helpful advice.

Zapan: Hey man, yeah the wings are supposed to grow from the back and connect to the spine which will be kinda the weak point and source of power of this god. but I havent though a lot on the funtionality of the wings , I was just playing around to see how they look, but I will try to study some to make the fully operational, really thanx man!!

MFTituS: Hey man!! very useful input , thanx a lot, your idea of giving him a back ground is great, He is supposed to be a demoniac god, "the devil", I haven't sketched his horns yet, but haven't think on his story yet either, which is a really urgent think to do i guess.. haha

I already have some elements like tattoos , icons for the amour and some other small things that will help me add some more character, but need to do something to push him out from the generic look as you said, well time to get back to the lab!, and thank you so much... see you around man!

04 April 2011
Originally Posted by MFTituS: hey jorge,
first the name god of darkness. i can't see why he deserves the name - because he is dark? i would integrate story elements, put some thoughts on his background - what made him the god of darkness. maybe his eyes got burn out, so he can't see anything and is full of rage...don't know -.

the first image came to my mind with your comment was something like this:

haha...probably some bloody eyes and stitches can work for this one huh?

Thread Closed share thread