Dominance War V - 2D - ZzMeister - Goddess of Swords

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2011   #1
Dominance War V - 2D - ZzMeister - Goddess of Swords

Hi guys,
The subject that i'll be doing is the Goddess of Swords. A babe who plays with blades.
Will add more details as i continue to brainstorm . Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by Mister-G : 05 May 2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Update image

Old 03 March 2011   #2
Concept Development

Ok finally got something up, trying out different looks

Thinking of adding a persona for the goddess or maybe an animal sidekick. Better think faster

Last edited by Mister-G : 03 March 2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: resize image

Old 03 March 2011   #3
hey man, nice to see you join the comp
why so small image? :P
anyway, number 1 have the coolest pose, but i'll wait til u upload a bigger res.

Cheers

Old 03 March 2011   #4
Good Luck with the challenge man.
Bring on those blades and the curves !

Old 03 March 2011   #5
1,2 and 5 look cool with my personal favorite being 2 because of the general pose, weapons and rogue-ish like look.

Old 03 March 2011   #6
I love your sketching style, it's pretty unique. I would say that #3 and #4 look the most interesting to me, especially with the floating swords. I do like #2 but it looks a bit generic, and #5 too symmetrical with the circles in back.

Old 03 March 2011   #7
Combining Concepts

Hi guys thanks for the support and suggestions
Threedsquid - i made the images bigger now hope its better to see my messy strokes.. lol
redCigerette , Darkonerster , pixel-chick- thanks for the support will try more poses for the final piece.

ok, finally was able to finish up 2 more concepts during the weekend, will try more poses soon.
The first one is a combination of the armour from (1) and the legs of (2) with the collar piece from (4)
The second piece is a reworked version of (2) with the idea of blades in a circle from (5)
I guess my final piece will be a mix of these two designs and refinement as the poses come along.
... and yah i think i need to polish my anatomy again. :(

Old 03 March 2011   #8
Cool sketches and concepts. Like a lot your last design with a huge sword but maybe the other pose is more dynamic

Good look and waiting for more updates. Cheers!!

Old 04 April 2011   #9
Pose

Hello everyone, sorry for the late reply as i have been tied up with work and stuff.
Ferx - thanks for the support, good luck on the challenge too

I have been trying out some poses and using the ideas from the concepts earlier on. So now the right arm of the goddess is fused into the huge sword.

I had problem going into the fine details of the image, luckily a friend of mine suggested that i lower the opacity and use finer brush strokes. Less mess less stress..

this is another version with the head looking the other way

will be looking at references for the armours and stuff as well as swords.
The legs are making the goddess too human.. maybe will replace them.
Hope to make more progress soon. Good luck everyone.

Old 04 April 2011   #10
I really like this idea of fusing weaponry.

Is the weapon it self solid? and the area around the goddess more like galetin? water? bathe in light?

cant wait to see more!

keep going bro!

Old 04 April 2011   #11
Hey! Great to see you here, cool concept, i like the last one you post, more god feeling, good luck on the challenge!!

Kingston

Old 04 April 2011   #12
Polish Pose and Sword Concepts

Thanks for the support everyone

PuiArt - glad you like the idea, the sword will be metal but some parts may still be forming up from the hand of the goddess (at least that's the idea for now). Those areas around the goddess are meant to be filled with other kinds of swords, its just to remind me in case i forget.

Hi Kingston, great to see your comment too. Saw your submission for the PreDW and it looks cool man, great use of zbrush. Catch up sometime soon. Thanks for the support.

I have been playing with the head position for awhile to get a nice feel for the whole picture. Will still be playing around with it, but will nail down soon and start on the front, side , back views.

Also did some research on swords and did some concepts based on the references. Will try some funky looking ones the next time.

Thats it for now, good luck everyone

Old 04 April 2011   #13
Really liking the pose man..Great going!

Old 04 April 2011   #14
Thumbs up

Hello
Nice starting, I like the idea.
Go ahead.

Old 04 April 2011   #15
the last one at the bottom looks badass

Thread Closed share thread