Paintings: Bird, old man and a girl

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2003   #1
Characters: Bird, old man and a girl

Hello

Here are 3 paints i've done with painter, some of them are not new, just want to hear what you think, even though i might not change them...

Thanks 3dbuzz

Last edited by Self-Designer : 10 October 2003 at 10:28 AM.

Old 10 October 2003   #2
Why is it that no one replies?

Can you see the pictures?
Do my links or copy&paste suggestions work?

Anybody...

Old 10 October 2003   #3
I can see the bird, but not the other two, and copy and pasting does not work

oh and I like the texturing on the bird.

Old 10 October 2003   #4
The bird is a little formless and the light and shadow does little to help. The tail feathers seem heavy when you would expect them to be light. The ball and chain isn't exactly a subtle message on a bird, is it?

The old man has been replaced with a hosting graphic.

The shadowing on the girl is dark and muddy. The fact that her eyes are black seems like it is meant to make some point, but I don't know what it is. Her smile pulling right up to her gums it a bit off as well.

Sorry this isn't a more positive critique.

Old 10 October 2003   #5
10x, I wish i had more replies...

Anyway, the picture with the bird was drawn sometime when i had a feeling of chained to a lot of work - and not very interesting one... but that's the past.

The girl has no meaning. I've tried to draw a girl and she seemed abit evil or atleast just not nice, so i decided to use a pic i have of an hippie girl as a smile-reference. Her eyes looked like that because they were closed from loughing - ppl do it when they lough out loud

Anyway, I have an acount in 3dbuzz, i'll move some pics there to redrival and those pics to 3dbuzz...

Old 10 October 2003   #6
i'm not happy :annoyed:

2 replies only? what does a picture need to have to get replies??

I learn nothing from that in one hand and in the other, i can't even know if they'r fine... i guess they'r just "ah... ok!... bye..."

Old 10 October 2003   #7
the bird looks like it has a shiny appearance. i like the ball and chain though, its cute

the old man is a neat idea but i think needs more time before being brought to attention, would you consider building more color, line, definition, scene, background, etc?

the picture of the girl is very scary, lol i cant look at her, sorry - i think its the oddly bright hair color with the grin, sorry man.

Old 10 October 2003   #8
Well, i wanted to do the old man rough, but 10x anyway

and the girl is scary?? i always thought she's kinda cute she looks like giggling

Old 01 January 2006   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread