Putting multiple character GUI's together

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2011
Putting multiple character GUI's together

Hey everyone,

I have made 3 character GUI's, each with 3 tabs. Instead of opening each one up individually and having 3 windows on the screen, is there an easy way to switch between these 3 scripts and put all of them into one giant script. I was thinking of just doing tabs nested in tabs, but figured id ask to see if there was a better/more awesome solution.

Thanks,
Josh

03 March 2011
it depends what you want/need to see... do you NEED to see more than one of these at a time? If so then you will have to put them all in a giant UI.. a single formLayout would suffice, but using a paneLayout may be better if you wanted or needed to scale each of the three UIs to different sizes.

If you don't need to see more than one at a time, then a new tabLayout would probably be the most sensible option.

If you've written your code properly it should literally be as simple as copy/pasting the three different UI codes into a single new file, with a new window/parent layout above them all.

of course, 2011 has docking now, but I'm not sure how this can be utilised in this case as I don't use 2011, but I think you'd still have to code the docking elements of your UIs...

:nathaN

03 March 2011
Hey Nathan,

As always thanks for your response. You don't NEED to see them all at the same time, I just wanted the animator to have the option of use all three GUI's at the same time, and not use up the whole screen.

I probably will use a new tabLayout for this, just wasn't sure if anyone had a different idea.

Thanks again,
Josh

03 March 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread