|01 January 2011||#1|
Walt Disney Animation Studios
Join Date: Oct 2010
Disney Animation Seeks Shading/Lighting/FX Pipeline TD!
Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world.
Our latest CG feature, "Tangled", directed by Nathan Greno and Byron Howard, is in theaters now! Our next Traditional feature, "Winnie the Pooh", is directed by Steve Anderson and Don Hall; it debuts Summer 2011.
We are seeking Shading/Lighting/FX Pipeline Technical Directors for upcoming projects at our Burbank, CA studio.
S/L/F Pipeline Technical Directors are responsible for providing support to our Look Development, Lighting and FX teams in a variety of areas including scripting and writing tools to facilitate the CG animation process.
Pipeline TDs should have a strong desire to be close to the filmmaking process. They function as an integral part of the department, designing or optimizing processes and tools to best fit production needs. They should look at production systems holistically and have the ability to visualize the larger pipeline, understanding the impact of their actions and how to optimize processes and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Digital Art, related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in CG animation, visual effects or video games production or graphics research environment
- Strong scripting and programming skills including Python and C++
- Advanced Maya experience and in-depth knowledge of Linux
- Renderman or similar experience along with solid understanding of node-based compositing packages (i.e. Shake, Nuke or similar)
- Understanding of color, shading and lighting techniques
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, offer mentorship and take direction from department and show leadership
- Understanding of environmental effects simulation techniques and Houdini a plus
- Ability to write and apply shaders a plus
- Software development experience on production systems a plus
To apply, please visit:
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|01 January 2011||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|