|01 January 2011||#1|
Walt Disney Animation Studios
Join Date: Oct 2010
Disney Animation Seeks Character Pipeline TD!
Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world.
Our latest CG feature, "Tangled", directed by Nathan Greno and Byron Howard, is in theaters now! Our next Traditional feature, "Winnie the Pooh", is directed by Steve Anderson and Don Hall; it debuts Summer 2011.
We are seeking a Character Pipeline Technical Director for upcoming projects at our Burbank, CA studio.
Character Pipeline Technical Directors are responsible for providing support to our Modeling, Rigging, Animation, and Hair/Cloth simulation teams in a variety of areas including scripting and writing tools to facilitate the CG animation process.
Pipeline TDs should have a strong desire to be close to the filmmaking process. They function as an integral part of the department, designing or optimizing processes and tools to best fit production needs. They should look at production systems holistically and have the ability to visualize the larger pipeline, understanding the impact of their actions and how to optimize processes and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Digital Art, related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in CG animation, visual effects or video games production, or graphics research environment
- Strong scripting and programming skills including Python and C++
- Advanced Maya experience and in-depth knowledge of Linux
- Understanding of modeling, rigging, animation techniques
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, offer mentorship and take direction from department and show leadership
- Strong understanding of hair and cloth simulation techniques a plus
- Software development experience on production systems a plus
To apply, please visit:
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|01 January 2011||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|