CheckBoxGrp Help - novice question

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2011   #1
CheckBoxGrp Help - novice question

So this was done as a way to teach myself how to use vectors, since I've never worked with them before. Anyway, ignore that for now. What I really need help with (right now) is the GUI, more specifically the check box groups.

I want the ALL boxes to, by default, be checked on, however, when I add the "-v1 1", I get this error:
// Error: line 124: Invalid object or value: 1 //

I'm not sure what to do. I've read the help and it looks like everything it set up correctly. Could someone take a look for me? If there's a better way to do this, please let me know.

I'm still learning, so I need a lot of help. The script isn't done, but if you see anything that sticks out so far, let me know. And use small words

Thanks.

Code:
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Name: Align Script (50%) // // Author: Melissa Starks // // Description: This script allows the user to align one // // object with one (or more) object(s) based on // // translation and/or rotation. // //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /*General notes: //goal - final resting place target - items to be moved TO DO: Finish scripting Create the GUI link all proc's to proper GUI elements Bug testing */ //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //START OF SCRIPT // //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //Copies all transformation values from Goal //transformAll(1,1,1,1,1,1); global proc transformAll(int $doTx, int $doTy, int $doTz, int $doRx, int $doRy, int $doRz) { //int $doTx = 1; int $doTy = 1; int $doTz=1; int $doRx = 1; int $doRy = 1; int $doRz = 1; //---> 1) Query Goal's position (this is the last item selected) string $sel[] = `ls -sl`; //Query everything selected int $sizeSel = `size $sel`; //Query how many items are in the string $goal = $sel[$sizeSel-1]; //Selects the goal //println = $goal; vector $transGoal = `xform -q -t -ws $goal`; //Queries the goals position in space vector $rotGoal = `xform -q -ro -ws $goal`; //Queries the goals position in space //print $transGoal; //Queries the position of all of the targets int $xp; for($xp=0;$xp<($sizeSel-1);$xp++){ //$xp=0; //---> 2) Query Target's position vector $transTarget = `xform -q -t -ws $sel[$xp]`; println ($transTarget + "\n"); vector $rotTarget = `xform -q -ro -ws $sel[$xp]`; println ($rotTarget + "\n"); //---> 3) Pick and choose values from the goal or target as necessary /*if($doTx) $transTarget = ($transGoal.x) ($transTarget.y) ($transTarget.z); if($doTy) $transTarget = ($transTarget.x) ($transGoal.y) ($transTarget.z); if($doTz) $transTarget = ($transTarget.x) ($transTarget.y) ($transGoal.z); if($doRx) $rotTarget = ($rotGoal.x) ($rotTarget.y) ($rotTarget.z); if($doRy) $rotTarget = ($rotTarget.x) ($rotGoal.y) ($rotTarget.z); if($doRz) $rotTarget = ($rotTarget.x) ($rotTarget.y) ($rotGoal.z); */ float $xpos = ($transTarget.x); float $ypos = ($transTarget.y); float $zpos = ($transTarget.z); float $xrot = ($rotTarget.x); float $yrot = ($rotTarget.y); float $zrot = ($rotTarget.z); if($doTx) $xpos = ($transGoal.x); if($doTy) $ypos = ($transGoal.y); if($doTz) $zpos = ($transGoal.z); if($doRx) $xrot = ($rotGoal.x); if($doRy) $yrot = ($rotGoal.y); if($doRz) $zrot = ($rotGoal.z); //---> 4) Move Target to new position print ("Moving to: "+$xpos+" "+$ypos+" "+$zpos+"\n"); xform -ws -t $xpos $ypos $zpos $sel[$xp]; xform -ws -ro $xrot $yrot $zrot $sel[$xp]; } } //the GUI global proc alignGUI(){ string $win; if (`window -exists $win`){ deleteUI -window $win; } string $win = `window -wh 400 400 -rtf true -sizeable false -title "Align Objects"`; string $alignGUIFrame = `frameLayout -cl off -labelVisible true -label "Align Axes:" -borderVisible true -collapsable false -width 400`; columnLayout; //text -l "Translate:" $transButtonGrp = `checkBoxGrp -numberOfCheckBoxes 1 -label "Translate:" -labelArray2 "ALL" tranAll`; //int $qT = `checkBoxGrp -query -v1 tranAll`; $transButtonGrp2 = `checkBoxGrp -numberOfCheckBoxes 3 -label "" -labelArray3 "X" "Y" "Z" tXYZBoxes`; //checkBoxGrp -q -value1 tXYZBoxes; setParent..; columnLayout; $rotButtonGrp = `checkBoxGrp -numberOfCheckBoxes 1 -label "Rotate:" -labelArray2 "ALL" -v1 1 rotAll`; $transButtonGrp2 = `checkBoxGrp -numberOfCheckBoxes 3 -label "" -labelArray3 "X" "Y" "Z" -v1 0 -v2 0 -v3 0 rXYZBoxes`; setParent..; //int $qTB = `checkBoxGrp -q -v2 rXYZBoxes`; //print $qTB separator -style "in" -w 400 -h 5; rowColumnLayout -numberOfRows 1; button -label "Apply" -command (""); button -label "Close" -command "deleteUI -window win"; showWindow $win; } global proc doAlignGUI(){ //get info from alignGUI and pass it to transformAll proc //---> 1) Get info from GUI //---> 2) Call transformAll, passing along the info from GUI } //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //END OF SCRIPT // ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Old 01 January 2011   #2
the problem you mention is due to the fact that your checkBoxGrp command creates ONE checkbox, but you use the -labelArray2 flag, then only give it one label: "ALL". So it's seeing -v1 as the SECOND label in the label array!

also, a frameLayout can only take a single layout as a child, and you have given three (two columnLayouts and a rowLayout!) so you will also probably need to fix this.

:nathaN

Old 01 January 2011   #3
Great!

Thanks for the quick response! I was going insane, but that explanation makes so much sense.

I'll fix the frameLayout issue too and repost when I get a little farther.

Old 01 January 2011   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread