CGTalk > Software Specific Forums > Maxon Cinema 4D
To minimize the ads you see on this page create a CGTalk account and log in HERE
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 12-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
bellaLugosi
Frequenter
Daniel Schild
Germany

set keys via script ?

Hi,

in my timeline a have a curve selected with two keyframes, one at 0 and one at 75.
Now i want to 'subdivide' the curve by inserting new keys at 15,25,35,45,55,65.

Is this possible via a script in R11.5 ?

I started the script, but i dont know how to get the currently active CCurve, and add the new keys.
Is this possible with COFFEE ?

Here's what i got so far:

Code:
var fps = doc->GetFps(); var TimeNow = doc->GetTime(); var currFrame = TimeNow->GetFrame(fps); var keyCount = 6; var keyArr = new(array,6); keyArr[0] = 15; keyArr[1] = 25; keyArr[2] = 35; keyArr[3] = 45; keyArr[4] = 55; keyArr[5] = 65; var k=0; for(k=0;k<keyCount;k++){ TimeNow->SetFrame(keyArr[k],fps); if(!doc->SetTime(TimeNow)) break; else println("jumped to frame ",keyArr[k]); // add a frame at current position to currently selected CCurve } // go back to initial frame TimeNow->SetFrame(currFrame,fps); doc->SetTime(TimeNow); println("returned to frame ",currFrame);

thanks,
Daniel

Old 12-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
Decade
Expert

Graeme McDougall
London, GB

I think in coffee you can only manipulate existing keys, not create new ones. You may have to do a workaround by pressing the set key button with coffee code. Sorry I can't help you more, I never quite got coffee before I changed to Python.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #3
Scott Ayers
Kaiju Creator
Scott Ayers
USA

We can't create keys with Coffee. It's one of the things we've all been complaining about for many years.
It would be very nice to be able to pick a specific curve, and a specific frame, and then use some sort of a SetKey() function. But Maxon refuses to treat this as a priority.

The only way to create new keys is to use Coffee to move the scrubber to a specific location and then use the record option.
And because the record option is set up to set keys on all tracks on an object. You'll also have to worry about toggling the Position,Scale, and Rotation options on/off at the same time you're moving the scrubber around with the code so that you don't set unwanted keys on unwanted tracks.

You can use loops to iterate through the time line hierarchy to target specific curves, on specific tracks the same way you iterate through the object manager. But you'll still have to use the record key option to actually create a new key.
I have several examples for this kind of stuff in my Coffee Bible posted in the scripts section.

-ScottA

Old 12-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
bellaLugosi
Frequenter
Daniel Schild
Germany

thanks for the info guys.

I think it should be possible then to do what i need.
Just go to the frame in question and then record keys for position.

Gonna check out the bible now, looks very handy indeed!

gz,
Daniel

Old 12-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
bellaLugosi
Frequenter
Daniel Schild
Germany

ok i got most of ot working, there's only one thing left to do.

Is it possible to pass parameters to this script from a userData slider ?
Right now the 'offset' var is hardcoded in the script, but actually it depends on some user data I have set up in my scene.

Here's the updated script, at Frames 5,15,25,35,45,55 and 65 it records a new key and sets interpolation mode to step, which is the main task i wanted it to handle.

Code:
// set the input params var start = 5; var offset = 10; var end = 75; // Set Interpolation for all keys in given curve // 1=spline, 2=linear, 3=step setInterpolationForCurve(curve,inter){ if(curve==null)return; var i=0; for(i=0; i<curve->GetKeyCount(); i++){ curve->GetKey(i)->SetInterpolation(curve,inter); } } // delete all keys on this curve deleteAllKeysOnCurve(curve){ if(curve==null)return; curve->FlushKeys(); } // main routine main(doc,op){ println("--- running Script: Subdivide Pos-Tracks ---"); var op = doc->GetActiveObject(); if(!op){ println("no object selected!"); return; } // setup some vars var fps = doc->GetFps(); var TimeNow = doc->GetTime(); var currFrame = TimeNow->GetFrame(fps); var track_x; var track_y; var track_z; var curve_x; var curve_y; var curve_z; var count_x; var count_y; var count_z; // find x,y and tracks var track = op->GetFirstCTrack(); while(track){ if(track->GetName()=="Position . X") track_x = track; else if(track->GetName()=="Position . Y") track_y = track; else if(track->GetName()=="Position . Z") track_z = track; track = track->GetNext(); } // get curves and initial key count if(track_x!=null) curve_x = track_x->GetCurve(); if(track_y!=null) curve_y = track_y->GetCurve(); if(track_z!=null) curve_z = track_z->GetCurve(); if(curve_x!=null) count_x = curve_x->GetKeyCount(); if(curve_y!=null) count_y = curve_y->GetKeyCount(); if(curve_z!=null) count_z = curve_z->GetKeyCount(); if((count_x+count_y+count_z)==0) return; // nothing to do! //Turn off record rotation option if it's on if(IsCommandChecked(12418)) CallCommand(12418); //Turn off record scale option if its on if(IsCommandChecked(12419)) CallCommand(12419); // turn off record parameter keys, if its on if(IsCommandChecked(12422)) CallCommand(12422); // turn off record PLA if its on if(IsCommandChecked(12421)) CallCommand(12421); // scrub through time, where we want to set new keys while(start<end){ TimeNow->SetFrame(start,fps); if(!doc->SetTime(TimeNow)) break; doc->AnimateDocument(0); EventAdd(); DrawViews(DRAWFLAGS_FORCEFULLREDRAW); CallCommand(12410); // record a new key start += offset; } // cleanup curves. if there were no keys before, we need not subdivide the curve // if there were keys before and its subdivided now, set interpolation to step if(count_x<1) deleteAllKeysOnCurve(curve_x); else setInterpolationForCurve(curve_x,3); if(count_y<1) deleteAllKeysOnCurve(curve_y); else setInterpolationForCurve(curve_y,3); if(count_z<1) deleteAllKeysOnCurve(curve_z); else setInterpolationForCurve(curve_z,3); // go back to initial frame TimeNow->SetFrame(currFrame,fps); doc->SetTime(TimeNow); }

Last edited by bellaLugosi : 12-09-2010 at 08:03 AM. Reason: improved code

Old 12-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #6
tcastudios
Steady now!

Sweden

You can search for your object with your Userdata
either by name or criteria, such as the relative
position (in OM), Parent, Child etc.
Or simply make a Dialog in your script
to set the parameters.

To get the recording option(s) you want,
You use the IsCommandChecked() to get the current state,
then CallCommand() to toggle what you need.
The following i.e. will only set Parameters and PointLevel
to ON while running and then reset to the initial setup.

Cheers
Lennart

Code:
//// CHECK REC ENABLED START /// var posOn = IsCommandChecked(12417); // Get State var scaleOn = IsCommandChecked(12418); // Get State var rotOn = IsCommandChecked(12419); // Get State var parOn = IsCommandChecked(12422); // Get State var pointOn = IsCommandChecked(12421); // Get State if(posOn) CallCommand(12417); // Position Temp Off if(scaleOn) CallCommand(12418); // Scale Temp Off if(rotOn) CallCommand(12419); // Rotation Temp Off if(!parOn) CallCommand(12422); // Parameter Temp On if(!pointOn) CallCommand(12421); // Point Level Animation Temp On //// CHECK REC ENABLED END /// // Do Your thing //// RESTORE REC SELECTION START /// if(posOn) CallCommand(12417); // Position if(scaleOn) CallCommand(12418); // Scale if(rotOn) CallCommand(12419); // Rotation if(!parOn) CallCommand(12422); // Parameter if(!pointOn) CallCommand(12421); // Point Level Animation //// RESTORE REC SELECTION END ///

Old 12-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #7
bellaLugosi
Frequenter
Daniel Schild
Germany

thanks for the info.
actually i think i messed with this before in the past, just cant remember atm ;-)

greets,
Daniel

Old 12-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
Scott Ayers
Kaiju Creator
Scott Ayers
USA

Just a side note about creating new keys.
Python has a couple of functions that supposedly create keys. But so far I've never seen it used in any scripts to see how to write it.
A few months ago me and Nitroman asked Sebastian for a small example on using it in his forum. But he never replied back to us.
So if you ever dive into Python in the future. It might be worth looking into.

Edit:
I took another look at creating keys with python. And I managed to (sort of) figure it out on my own.
I guess that means I'm getting better at reading these cryptic SDK's. Sorta like how you can read your wife's handwriting after years of practice.

Here's a sample Python snippet in case anyone is interested:
Code:
#This script adds a blank key (zero) where the scrubber is on the timeline #Then sets it value after it's been created import c4d from c4d import gui def main(): obj = doc.GetActiveObject() #Find the active object track = obj.GetFirstCTrack() #Get it's first animation track (position X) if not track: return # if it doesn't have any tracks. End the script curve = track.GetCurve() #Get the curve for the track found(position x) time = doc.GetTime() #Gets the document time frame = time.GetFrame(doc.GetFps()) #Get the frame the scrubber is on #Adds a new key for the first track. Where the scrubber is located added = curve.AddKey(time)# creates a new empty key where the scrubber is currerntly located curve.GetKey(2).SetValue(curve, 120) # Sets the value of the new key to this value c4d.EventAdd()#update if __name__=='__main__': main()

-ScottA

Last edited by Scott Ayers : 12-08-2010 at 09:22 PM.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #9
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread