Pre-DomWar V - 3D Character Art

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2010
Pre-DomWar V - 3D Character Art

General Information

To avoid repeating all of the rules here on CGSociety, please refer to the official rules on the Dominance War V site. I've repeated the section below that applies specifically to the 3D Character Art challenge. This thread is where you will post all of your WIP work for the Pre-DomWar V 3D Character Art challenge. Do not create an individual thread for your WIPs. I will remove any that appear in this forum.

Please visit the FAQ thread if you have any questions.

3D Character Art Rules
You have 4 weeks to finish with the following specs:
  • Create one of the character classes in 3d (character classes are found here).
  • Important: Your entry must include your team's logo emblem, or colors, or both, on your character's skin, gear, clothing or weapons. If logo, it must be visible on your character. If colors, your character should posses obvious clothing tones of your chosen team. For logos and colors, visit - Here
  • 3000 tris total for character, weapons, and gear.
  • 1024x1024 for diffuse, specular color, specular level, glow, opacity, and ambient color. Example, one 1024 diffuse sheet, one 1024 spec sheet, one 1024 Gloss sheet, etc. No Normal maps, no bump maps, no high res sculpting, No baking light info, and no painting normal maps in any fashion.
  • Breaking up texture sheets into smaller texture sheets is fine. 4 x 512 maps or 2 x 512x1024 etc, is fine.
  • All lighting solutions from any software package is permitted.
  • All shaders are permitted.
  • Final presentation image should include texture sheet, wireframe, and full colored model. Posing model is optional, and adding a pedestal is optional (pedestal may use its own set of unlimited triangles and textures). If a pedestal is added, it must contain no objects that character can pick up and use.
  • To insure no one cheats by photoshop'ing extra details into their final presentation image, high ranked entrants can be asked to submit their models to Dominance War officials to verify that the specs (no normal maps, no extra photoshop’ing on final presentation sheet, no extra polygon usage, no extra texture sheets) were met. Entrants that fail to submit their models to us, will be disqualified from competition. Submitted models will be used for judging purposes only. They will not be sold, or used for any means other than checking to see if you followed the rules.

PRE-DOMWAR V DEADLINE:
11:59 p.m Eastern Time, Monday, December 6th, 2010

Last edited by Kirt : 11 November 2010 at 03:33 AM.

11 November 2010
Yay!! this thread is up!! Can't wait to see what every one comes up with!! alright now to the drawing board

11 November 2010
I'm in! Been waiting for this for a long time. I'll put the HMC on hold til december.

11 November 2010
This looks like it's going to be AWESOME!!! I'm feeling a rush of Adrenalin just reading through all the threads and rules

11 November 2010
gotta ask this is Pre-DomWar V right ? so i read the rulez if i join this one, i cant join the main challenge ?

11 November 2010
harlequin02- you can enter both, the only rule is if you enter this 1 on cgsocietys team you have to stay on this team for both. can't change teams after you pick 1

11 November 2010
Originally Posted by Zoox: Yay!! this thread is up!! Can't wait to see what every one comes up with!! alright now to the drawing board

Aha, to the drawing board, time is ticking away...

11 November 2010
Hi there! I'm starting with the concept.

Please welcome... General Zhao!

http://knittedpixels.wordpress.com

- Looking for freelance in CG FX and 3D art -

11 November 2010
At last! I'm joining the team! But don't you think, posting all wips in one thread will be kind a mess?

Feel free to contact me by e-mail: igorden (at) gmail dot com

Connect me on Facebook

11 November 2010
Originally Posted by igorden: At last! I'm joining the team! But don't you think, posting all wips in one thread will be kind a mess?

As i remember it was in rules.

11 November 2010
Great pre DW V... cgsociety has to win this time!

My Concept Sketch:

The GatlingDevilEvilGuy is creepy as hell AND he has sticking a huge gatling gun trough his body.
Unlimited ammunation is hanging down from his pierced beastnipples and if you get close ... he will simply wack the sh*t out of you.

So don't mess with the GatlingDevilEvilGuy ... which is the brother of the well known
EvilDevilTortureGuy.

-
time is passing by...

11 November 2010
joining this team wooot!

haha wouldnt wanna get too close to his beastnipples :S

11 November 2010
Awesome! Glad it finally started, I've been waiting on this for a while

Anyway, did some thumb sketches, scrapped some, ended up with 4, scrapped 1 and now did some further work on them. Let me know what u guys think

I'll take them a bit further, but for one I have many more ideas than the other two...

ChrRambow really like concept, keep it up

11 November 2010
Let's get this thing started

2nd concept for the comp. Might tweak with her proportions to get her more MMOish. I'm not a great sketcher but hopefully this gets the point across. Your thoughts on the concept would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck all!

11 November 2010
Glad it Staretd. Joining the team.

Thread Closed share thread