To avoid repeating all of the rules here on CGSociety, please refer to the official rules on the Dominance War V site. I've repeated the section below that applies specifically to the 3D Animation challenge. This thread is where you will post all of your WIP work for the Pre-DomWar V 3D Animation challenge. Do not create an individual thread for your WIPs. I will remove any that appear in this forum.
Please visit the FAQ thread if you have any questions.
3D Animation Rules
You have 4 weeks to finish a short 6 second fight sequence between two characters with the following specs:
- Create a fight sequence where one character is the attacker and one character is the receiver of the attacks. The receiver should start standing, but finish dead on the floor.
- Mandatory: Use and rig two of the 3d base meshes (mesh1, mesh2, mesh3, and mesh4) for your character animation. They must be different models.
- Keep in mind, when animating your characters, they should reflect two of the 4 character classes found above: War General, Technomage, Shadow, or Corrupted.
- No textures or coloring allowed. Entire Mesh should be a single color. Optional: You may show the wireframe on your rendered animation (the wireframe can be a uv map texture applied to your model).
- No sound fx or music allowed. Animation should be silent.
- You may NOT alter the base mesh, but you may add up to 500 extra triangles per character for gear, clothing, appendages, and weapons. No pets or extra sentient beings (including pet robots). Example: 500 extra tris for character #1 PLUS 500 extra tris for character #2. Optional: At your discretion, you may modify (add more lines/topology) the joints of each model if it helps its movement in your animation. This joint modification does not count towards your 500 extra triangles/character.
- All lighting solutions and rendering solutions from any software package is allowed.
- For this warm up challenge, you may not use special effects, particles, or triangles and textures for special effects, magic effects, etc.
- 6 seconds maximum for entire fight sequence. No extra time for lengthy credits.
- Important: Your animation presentation must include your team's logo emblem and your two chosen character class names (War General, Shadow etc) in your animation. It can be on the floor, it can be within an overlay that frames your shot, it's up to you. Optional: You may add your name, website, and/or contact details alongside your team's logo and character class names if you choose. For logos, visit - Here
- Animations should be uploaded onto Youtube or similar site and you must paste the url to your animation in the submissions page for animation.
11:59 p.m Eastern Time, Monday, December 6th, 2010