To avoid repeating all of the rules here on CGSociety, please refer to the official rules on the Dominance War V site. I've repeated the section below that applies specifically to the Concept Art challenge. This thread is where you will post all of your WIP images for the Pre-DomWar V Concept Art challenge. Do not create an individual thread for your WIPs. I will remove any that appear in this forum.
Please visit the FAQ thread if you have any questions.
Concept Art Rules
You have 4 weeks to finish with the following specs:
- Create a full color concept piece that contains Two of the characters classes (character classes are found here). Bare in mind, this is a game art challenge, so your concept should be a game concept art design. The character you create should look like they can somehow be transfered to a low polygon budget MMO 3d character.
- Your two depicted characters can be side by side partners, or enemies who are bent on destroying each other. They can be standing idle, fighting, doing a dynamic pose for the camera, it's really up to you.
- Action poses are fine, as long as most of both bodies can be seen. If multiple characters are created in your image, example, a fighting scene is occurring, then there should be a clear emphasis on who your main two character in the concept are.
- Important: Your entry must include your team's logo emblem, or colors, or both, on one or both of your character's skin, gear, clothing or weapons. If logo, it must be visible on your character(s). If colors, your character(s) should posses obvious clothing tones of your chosen team. For logos and colors, visit - Here
- Your single image must show 90% of both characters' bodies. It would be a bad idea to hide half their bodies behind a wall, a door, in a hole, etc. If one leg is hidden behind a horse or mount, it is fine. Creating a top view of a character so that mostly his/her face is seen, is not a great idea for this challenge.
11:59 p.m Eastern Time, Monday, December 6th, 2010