"Eleven," a new short from Anzovin Studio

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2010
"Eleven," a new short from Anzovin Studio

We just finished an internal short film. It started out as a test of a new rendering pipeline and turned into a much bigger project while we weren't looking. Anyway, I hope you like it! But even if you don't, please let us know what you think!

http://www.vimeo.com/16100838
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlPwTMSIg5s

--Raf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eleven.jpg (45.1 KB, 4084 views)

10 October 2010
Thumbs up

absolutely loved it. great animation and really liked the whole overall quality of it. Awesome work!

10 October 2010
Wonderful, especially the acting/timing is quite a few levels above average, which makes it special and enjoyable.

10 October 2010
heheheheh wonderful & very funny

i like it look like this work

keep on & good luck

10 October 2010
haha-hawsome !

10 October 2010
That was even better than The Duel. And The Duel is one of my favorite shorts.

10 October 2010
that was really awesome i really laugh when i saw it
keep...up
my web site
www.alaaafifah.com

10 October 2010
Very nice! Do you have any behind the scenes stuff? Maybe CGTalk will do an article on the piece so we can learn more about your pipeline?

YouTube Channel
Char Maya Character Rig

10 October 2010
Thanks Floyd! There wasn't anything that unusual about the pipeline--we were spitting out separate passes from a Mental Ray render and then recombining them in Shake. It was just new to us at the time.

10 October 2010
Hi Raf (and Hi Floyd while I'm here!) - that's an awesome piece of work! Great timing, acting, lighting, great overall package and a very funny premise. More info about your render pipeline would be very interesting.
I was just mentioning you yesterday over on the Hash board about the render style you used a few years back on a folktale from India, creating a flat, cut-paper look with 3D animation. I've always loved the look of that piece. I still use the Setup Machine on a regular basis! My favorite rig so far.
"Eleven" is great but playing devil's advocate for a moment, his bubble-helmet kind of gets in the way of the logic of the environment, and his voice sort of echoes off the canyon walls and sounds "out in the open" instead of being muffled.

10 October 2010
Love it. Great animation and lighting. How long did this take?

10 October 2010
Great work, that marine was really well animated - nice movement through the space and great facial anims. Really liked the idea as well, nice execution.

10 October 2010
Quote: I was just mentioning you yesterday over on the Hash board about the render style you used a few years back on a folktale from India, creating a flat, cut-paper look with 3D animation. I've always loved the look of that piece. I still use the Setup Machine on a regular basis! My favorite rig so far.

Thanks! I'm still very interested in doing stylized rendering and the next short we do will be more stylized.

Quote: Love it. Great animation and lighting. How long did this take?

Eleven took two and a half years to finish. That's largely because we were working on other stuff at the same time, but it's also because doing detailed characters and environments is very time consuming, and a more fully-rendered style demands more realistic animation.

Quote: "Eleven" is great but playing devil's advocate for a moment, his bubble-helmet kind of gets in the way of the logic of the environment, and his voice sort of echoes off the canyon walls and sounds "out in the open" instead of being muffled.

Yes, we talked about that when we were boarding the short, and decided that the image of somebody talking into a communicator was so iconic that we wanted to use it even though it didn't make any sense (you'd think his suit would have a communicator!)

It sort of went along with the idea that Eleven's technology is all old and rusty, and the robots are shiny new technology. He doesn't even have a bluetooth headset!

10 October 2010
Awesome work! That was funny and awesome! Great acting too!

Thread Closed share thread