|10 October 2010|
Lucasfilm Singapore is hiring: Feature Animation - Lead Layout Artist
The Lead Layout Artist will be responsible for supervising and managing the day-to-day operations of the Layout department. This will involve working very closely with the CG Supervisor and the Lead 3D Story artist.
* Interfacing with the Lead 3D-story in San Francisco on an ongoing basis to ensure delivery of all assets, scene files and associated information necessary to recreate them in the production pipeline in LAS, Singapore.
* After 3D Story is complete the Lead Layout artist will supervise the transfer and unpacking of the data and verify it's usability and completeness.
* During Rough Layout you will supervise a team of artists who will recreate the 3D Story scenes using the proper production assets, while keeping 3D Story assets in the file for reference. You will be responsible for verifying an accurate lineup between the San Francisco and Singapore scenes.
* You will also be required to liaise with the Animation Supervisor to determine any special needs he has before prepping the files for animation. You will oversee the artists, review the material and sign off on publication to animation.
* During the Animation process, you will be the sole individual authorized to make adjustments to the shot cameras.
* During Final Layout you will oversee the process of populating the shot with all the assets necessary for lighting, simulation, crowds and matte painting.
* Participates as a team member in determining various technical and aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
* Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
* Attend any relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team.
* May participate in the recruiting and staffing of the Layout team and assesses the work of prospective candidates for hiring.
* Expected to mentor entry level Layout Artists and must be able to assist them with their shots.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation required or equivalent work experience.
* At least 8+ years work experience required in 3D CG for Digital Animation, Visuals Effects or games.
* Previous experience in a leadership role on a Feature film or Animated Feature project
* Expertise in scene, shot, camera, and character composition is preferred.
* Exposure to modeling, lighting, texturing and animation required.
* Strong knowledge of terminology and techniques used in film, animation and visual effects including knowledge of photography and camera lenses.
* Demonstrated expertise using Maya is required.
* Ability to learn and use new software as needed.
* Good organization and communication skills.
* Demonstrated artistic ability.
* Attention to detail required.
* Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
* Strong communication skills required.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Good organizational skills.
* A reel demonstrating a variety of different styles of animation including pieces which showcase the candidate’s performance and action abilities.
To apply, click here: https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/Pro fExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.show Job&RID=2680&CurrentPage=2
|10 October 2010|
Thread automatically closed
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|