camera settings

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2003   #1
camera settings

Oke, I've been using Lightwave for quite some time now, but there's something I just don't get.
If I model for example a head, it looks oke in modeler, but in Layout it looks strange. Resolution is 640*480, zoom is default 3.2.
If I want it to look like it is in modeler I have to set zoom to 20 and put the camera 15 meters away. Is this how it is supposed to be or am I mising something here?

Ayreon

Last edited by Ayreon : 10 October 2003 at 02:22 PM.

Old 10 October 2003   #2
Hi,
the camera zoom in layout corresponds to the perspective amount in modeler (display options/layout).

From what you say, it seams you've set the perspective amount very low in modeler...

Hope this helps.

davx

Old 10 October 2003   #3
Thanks DavX for your reply. I'l check my setting in modeler and see if I can get that setting to correspond with the settings of the camera in layout.

Ayreon

Old 10 October 2003   #4
Yeah, when you are in Modeler, press "d" to open your Display Properties, and under the Layout tab you'll see a slider marked Perspective Amount.
Altering this value radically alters the way your perspective viewports display the model, in just the same way as changing your lens size in Layout does

Old 10 October 2003   #5
It would be nice if the slider in modeler had a numeric value so you could adjust the slider to match the camera settings you're using in layout.
How do I know what to set it to?

Ayreon

Old 10 October 2003   #6
Quote: It would be nice if the slider in modeler had a numeric value so you could adjust the slider to match the camera settings you're using in layout.

I agree!

Quote: How do I know what to set it to?

Good question, I guess you just have to... well, guess

I think the best way to go about it would be to use a perspective amount that is more or less in the middle of the slider. I think that corresponds to a 35mm-50mm lens in Layout (more or less)
That is also a good perspective to model too because there is very little distortion.

Old 10 October 2003   #7
Quote: Originally posted by Leigh
I think the best way to go about it would be to use a perspective amount that is more or less in the middle of the slider. I think that corresponds to a 35mm-50mm lens in Layout (more or less)

It seems to me that when you first install LightWave it is about 3/4 the way to the right. I'm not sure since I've changed it many times since then.

Inspiration sources : http://www.louisfabien.fr - paintings

Old 10 October 2003   #8
Quote: Originally posted by Kvaalen
It seems to me that when you first install LightWave it is about 3/4 the way to the right. I'm not sure since I've changed it many times since then.

Aaah yes you're right, Kvaalen!

Ayreon, keep it at around 3/4 way to the right. This should work fine for you for now!

Old 10 October 2003   #9
Thanks everyone! I'll set the slider to 3/4 to the right and work from there....... I guess

Ayreon

Old 01 January 2006   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread