CGTalk > Software > Pixologic ZBrush
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
Old 08-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
san diego, USA
Noob Q's about materials

Im starting to learn how to use materials in Zbrush. I'm coming from a Myay/mental ray background. I was wondering if anyone can answer a-few things.
1st- I have a material set. i save it out. I fill my object with it. I close Zbrush then reopen it. Why aren't my saved materials loaded? Why are my objects being assigned new materials.
I then load my materials, but they reassign themselves to whatever objects as if I had never filled those objects with other materials. I then refill my objects with loaded material the way they should be. I then load another material. The saved material that I loaded first disapears and is replaced by what I just loaded in the materials menu. WTF? Why can't I get my materials back at startup automatically assigned and loaded like I saved them?

2ND How do I make more than 1 instance of a material with different settings in my materials menu?

here is what Im working on. I plan to have several different mat's on it in the end.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
san diego, USA
After consulting my copy of "Introducing Zbrush" by Sybex, Eric Keller, I have determined that my problem was that I didnt save the document which is where the information of what shaders to load is stored. Opening my saved document then loading my tool causes everything to be where it is supposed to be. For some reason I was assuming that the individual material datd would be stored with the tool. That was wrong.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread