Pixologic Reveals More ZBrush 4 Info

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2010
Arrow Pixologic Reveals More ZBrush 4 Info

In preparation for SIGGRAPH, Pixologic has now announced a good bit more info regarding the upcoming release of ZBrush 4.0. Here are some highlights:

• What existing users need to do (if anything) to get ready for the free upgrade.
  • Unveiling of the ZBrush 10th Anniversary Special Edition packaging of ZBrush, available as of today for pre-order by new customers.
  • A video showing some of the previously secret features of ZBrush 4.0 including Shadow Box and Match Maker.
  • Gallery of images by ZBrush 4.0 beta testers, all created and rendered entirely in the new version. Viewing this gallery shows many things that were not previously possible in ZBrush and hints at other features that haven't been announced yet.

For the full info, go to: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=090818

07 July 2010
cool features! i sure hope we get vids like that everyday this week

07 July 2010
Good God! Honey...... wheres the credit card?

07 July 2010
Originally Posted by aurick: all created and rendered entirely in the new version

I'm very happy with zBrush4 so far but I can't let it slide that not all the images were created "entirely" in zBrush.

For example the head by Luc Begine used Hair Farm for the hair and Max to render.

07 July 2010
I don't think that image is in the zbrush 4 gallery.

07 July 2010
Awesome...just awesome! Can't wait to play with it!

Also, a big congrats to Tomas, the creator of Sculptris! Good to see fun and good tech get sponsored by Pixologic!
www.policarpo.us
Policarpo.Prints

07 July 2010
Originally Posted by BigPixolin: I don't think that image is in the zbrush 4 gallery.

Look at the section that is the section to the right of the tea cup section, Batmans utility belt... (The 5th section from the left)

Last edited by pluMmet : 07 July 2010 at 05:00 PM.

07 July 2010
Originally Posted by pluMmet: Look at the section that is the section to the right of the tea cup section... (The 5th section from the left)

I think the first three sections are the Zbrush 4 only sections. The next two are older galleries I believe. Very confusing having it on the same page like that.

07 July 2010
Quote: All current ZBrush license holders are entitled to a free upgrade to ZBrush 4.0 Win/Mac, regardless of when they purchased ZBrush. If you currently have ZBrush 3.5 (PC) or 3.2 (Mac) you will be sent your upgrade instructions beginning on 8/9/10 - 9th August 2010*. If you have not yet upgraded to the current ZBrush version please submit a Support ticket at http://support.pixologic.com as soon as possible so that your upgrade to version 4.0 can proceed smoothly.

Aurick, does that mean Mac users running 3.2 need to send a support ticket to 'get ready for the free update'? Bit of a weird thing.. raising a ticket...

07 July 2010
Originally Posted by pluMmet: Look at the section that is the section to the right of the tea cup section, Batmans utility belt... (The 5th section from the left)

Those aren't the zBrush 4 gallery images though.

07 July 2010
DutchDimension -3.2 is a current version for mac.

07 July 2010
Great!! Match maker looks very impresive!

07 July 2010
I think they really matured some and kept their promise on the release date and especially the mac one.

way to go.

07 July 2010
I might be wrong but in two of the beta 4 images it looks to me like a realtime subsurface scattering material.

Anyway great work Pixologic!

07 July 2010
Yes it is indeed. Except when compared to the Windows version (v3.5). Which is why I found the Pixologic statement a bit ambiguous. Could be perceived either way.

Originally Posted by Kuziola: DutchDimension -3.2 is a current version for mac.

Thread Closed share thread