PPG - Global Variables?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2010   #1
PPG - Global Variables?

Hi Eveyone,

Iam trying to make a PPG that will list a bunch of objects in an .siControlListBox and let me add to the list and remove from the list, at the moment i have the PPG layout looking like I want it but now i have come to the hard part of populating the list and trying to store all the items that I want in the list.

I know that the list has to be double eg ["yellow","yellow", "red", "red"]

I was wondering two things:
where would i create my variable so that it can be seen as a global variable by all the functions in the PPG, I created my objectList variable at the top of the script which should make it a global variable but it doesn't seem to work.

Do variables in your PPG, if you want them to be global have to be parameters? in other words will I have to create a parameter to store my list of names and object, and is it even possible to store objects in a parameter?

The way I was hoping to achieve this was to have a global variable array and then add and remove object from that array and just pipe that array into my siControlListBox

Thanks for all the help

Old 05 May 2010   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread