Muscle Bone questions ?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2003   #1
Question Muscle Bone questions ?

I'm having fun with MuscleBone Lscript from LWHub.

My question is, does this usualy works with IK driven bones ?
Because here it doesn't work, works well on FK bone though...

Is there anything I should do ???

Old 09 September 2003   #2
At the author's website there's a newer version that works with IK, check out:

www.nemesis-cgi-ltd.biz/

Old 09 September 2003   #3
Talking

THANX A TON !!!
My arms never bend so well

Old 09 September 2003   #4
Facial,

Could you show us what you have been working on with this plug. I would be interested in seeing the results it can give.

-Tim
http://www.dinoadventures.com

Old 09 September 2003   #5
Actually, I just tryed today with some old model, and not so good rig. I put Muscle bones in the torso area (Abdominal + pecs/colarbones) and on the arms (biceps).
See HERE 1.3Mb, avi cinepak

For good convincing sample, I suggest you do a search on Muscle bones from Mike RB (right on this forum).

Mike can you post your link please ?

Old 09 September 2003   #6
http://www.steelronin.com/profiles/mov/mtest.mpg

muscle bones and some other stuff.

Old 09 September 2003   #7
Did you plan to displace some skin with these muscles ??

Old 09 September 2003   #8
Wow, Facial and Castius you both have some really good works started. I have not played with anything quite like this myself but it looks very interesting. I will have to take a look at it more.

-Tim
http://www.dinoadventures.com

Old 09 September 2003   #9
Ya i planed on it. I did some test and had some pretty good results. MD worked alot faster than i exspected it to. But i think once everything is all rigged i'll proble need to rethink how it will all work. But this is all on hold for now so nothing new will be happening any time soon. 8(

Old 09 September 2003   #10
Feel free to post some of your tests very interesting !

I've red on NT Forum, you made some rigs without using "Unafected by IK descendant", I think. Could you tell me more about your technique? I don't get the point of this...

Old 09 September 2003   #11
Cool Castius. That's one of the many projects I wish I had time to do!

Old 09 September 2003   #12
Hay Mike how you doing?

Facial leaving off "UIKD" allows IK information to pass though to any of the bones up the hierarchy. So say you have an IK goal on the hand. Normally you would turn on “UIKD” at the shoulder so you get a simple limited IK chain. But LW IK doesn’t have to be left simple since IK information is passed along the hierarchy instead of a separate IK controller. “Cough” Maya “Cough”. So if I leave “UIKD” off on the shoulder and turn it on the chest the shoulder is not part of the arm IK. If I turn off “UIKD” on the chest and turn it on the hips now the whole upper body if one big IK chain. So now If you place all the rest your goals in the body set up all the proper IK channels, stiffness and limits. You can get the IK to behave almost like the human body would naturally want to do.

Old 09 September 2003   #13
Hey Facial,

Try using this expression, in Motion Modifiers expression type with "After IK" turned on

mapRange( ( vmag( Base.wpos(Time)- Target.wpos(Time)) ), 0, "BoneRestLength", 0, 1 )

The trouble with using the LScript is that it records the absolute path to the script in the scene file, making it quite annoying if you're creating anything that is likely to be used by other people, creating a character rig for a number of animators for example.

Using the expression does the same job, but doesn't have the associated hassles.

Old 09 September 2003   #14
That's exactly what I was thinking Kretin. Why not simply use an expression. That's how I used to do it and had very little problems with it.

Old 09 September 2003   #15
Ive been playing with using Shift Spline Transform in place of muslce bones with some very good results.

Thread Closed share thread