CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > NVArt Competitions > NVArt - Accelerate
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 05-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Shkinder23
portfolio
Maksym Shkinder
Turin, Italy

M-Star Shaky

I've tried to capture the spirit of Syd Mead's approach and to imagine how it might look like in the future, the starting point for which, is no later than today! And, well, here it is. A highly technological vehicle, which bears the traits of a cutting edge approach to design, while at the same time - a little bit of humor, just not to be too much focused on robots, armageddon and the end of the world=)

Old 05-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
TMunro
Frequenter

portfolio
Tim Munro
still freelancing.
New Zealand

Cool vehicle but, be careful of including copyrighted material, I imagine they could disqualify an image if the artist doesn't hold the copyright to all parts of it.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Georgie
Expert

portfolio
George (Dong-hoon) Kim
CEO, Digital Mirage
www.digitalmirage3d.com
Goyang, Korea (South)

Wonderful work. Very original (unless I have missed seeing "its predecessors")! One thing bothers me, though. Syd's designs seem to be reasonably "physically-correct" that they look convincing, whereas your current design seems too unbalanced to stand in the way it is portrayed. Why not fix that a little bit?

Old 05-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
CS1
Polygon Puncher

portfolio
Corretta Singer
Freelance
Hope%2BPastures, Jamaica

Alright, I'm gonna be straight up...I love the design
but...
Apart from those characters and WB logo possibly being copyright violations (which will automatically disqualify this image)...I think they do nothing for the vehicle.
Artwork on the paint can sometimes detract from the vehicle's design. Maybe pick a pattern or artwork (original artwork) that compliments the shape and curves on the vehicle...
Also, too much on the smoke effects.
I would love to see it in a scene, like a street race or something, then you can have different ones in different colours.
These are all just suggestions though...In the end, it is all up to you.

As for the balancing issue: I think it is possible to stand like this if the vehicle is equipped with a computer that shifts weights in parts of the body, allowing for balance and control (like a gyro or gimbal) Heck, I just saw a youtube video of a robot balancing on a ball, so it is totally possible.

Cheers
CS1
PlanetRider
Wraith

Old 05-10-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
MrTheRich
MrTheRich

portfolio
Matthijs de Rijk
Developper
Game Technology
Houten, Netherlands

Send a message via MSN to MrTheRich
Quote:
As for the balancing issue: I think it is possible to stand like this if the vehicle is equipped with a computer that shifts weights in parts of the body, allowing for balance and control (like a gyro or gimbal) Heck, I just saw a youtube video of a robot balancing on a ball, so it is totally possible.

i think the cockpit can be moved for weight distribution.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
Shkinder23
portfolio
Maksym Shkinder
Turin, Italy

Guys, I am not going to produce it. But visually it is seem to me convince enough.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
mrpeace
Lord of the posts
portfolio
Sachithra Ediriweera
Matara, Sri Lanka

Send a message via Yahoo to mrpeace
The design is good, but as other members pointed out; you better remove those WB characters... It distracts the overall design.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #8
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread