Antropus' facial rig in Max ??

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2003
Antropus' facial rig in Max ??

Hi there :-)) I'm starting facial animation from scratch on my character and have been surfing around to see what seems relevant to me on that particuliar task, I saw Antropus' facial rig on his website and was wondering if it's possible to achieve the same result in Max (through wiring parameters and bones) using splines in front viewport to get feedback in perspective or camera viewport ?
What would be the correct workflow ?antropus' website

09 September 2003
I plan on disecting his rig one of these days and trying to do the same thing in Max, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to recreate it in Max though. I would probably start by using Reactor controllers on the face bones that would rotate based on where the custom spline shapes were moved. The real trick would be placing the bones in the right place and correctly skinning the face to the bones. Or you could try using a plugin like Cluster-O-Matic, but I haven't personally tried it.

. . . ~ Visit my world ~ . . .

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread