My Red Tie, Daniel Conway (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2003   #1
Character : My Red Tie

Did a sketch on monday of a skull & gasmask combo....its looked cool so i spent a few more hours and here is the result

as for the whole tie thing....well the poor junk-bot just wants to fit in and look as smart as the rest of man kind

i really didnt want much colour in this at all so that the tie could stand out amonst the dark chest area.

also didnt work too much on the background, wanted more focus on the character.

ok enough ranting

Old 09 September 2003   #2
That is an amazing painting, its replacing the Aviators wife from CEEGEE as of now!

Launching July 1st!

Old 09 September 2003   #3
Daniel,

When you come out of an artist's block, you come wa-a-a-ay out!

Old 09 September 2003   #4
lol...see someones been reading my DA journal...cheers keight

Old 09 September 2003   #5
Excelent, I love this style

Old 09 September 2003   #6
Amazing, no words to say....

Old 09 September 2003   #7
Wow. This is really cool.

Old 09 September 2003   #8
a very good work! original and disquieting idea!!

a very good accomplishment: very good details in the head and good detail the reflected light of the red necktie!

I like the scenery, less defined, creating depth

Old 09 September 2003   #9
very nice, but one critique. you should add a very light highlight to the left( our left ) shoulder pad to separate it from the background colours., or a darker shadow between the rock in the background and the shoulderpad.

also try to stay consistent with light. some of the bottom pieces have blue highlights, but the objects around the head do not.
they could also help bring the back of the head out from the background.

keep kicking ass!

Old 09 September 2003   #10
I think I just farted!!!!
Damn thats kick a** sh*t!!!!!

No crits here man!!!
Youre hammering on that puppy!!!

Old 09 September 2003   #11
Not much for me to say, other than great character, and great image!

I'm sure a few people weren't expecting this when they clicked on the thread title! Congratulations on the front page, BTW.

Old 09 September 2003   #12
Hi.. first of all AWESOME work !!

I only have one thing to critique and maybe its just me being weird... but still my eyes seem to get cut on this spot.

maybe its just a bit too dark around the edges I just fell like it falls a bit out of style.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1063327122.jpg (6.6 KB, 234 views)

Old 09 September 2003   #13
purty cool work. I like it when a what was only supposed to be a doodle or a sketch ends up being a full piece.
good stuff

Old 09 September 2003   #14
DUDE !!!

Old 09 September 2003   #15
Quote: I only have one thing to critique and maybe its just me being weird... but still my eyes seem to get cut on this spot.

I have to agree... theres somthing about those that dont seem to flow with the image.. unfortunatly I can't think of why though :annoyed: perhaps the indent around it is too wide, so it draws the eye? In my very humble opinion.. I would suggest removing them.... sorry if thats overstepping my critique line....

My major plus with your image is the depth you portrayed on the mask.. very well done color usage..
"Dreaming and evening, so are we twins! Listen, I whisper, your lips, how they twitch! The doorway is swarming with larva today, squirming and screaming as friendly men play! Thou art the empty, I am the thin! We are the bending blade stuck in your ribs! Thou art the tempest, I am the wind! We are the fallen man, tortured and skinned!" - Lindsay's Trachea by Cinema Strange

"He still used a scythe, he'd pointed out, while the Deaths of other worlds had long ago invested in combine harvesters." - The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett

Thread Closed share thread