Multi-Displacement problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2010
Multi-Displacement problem

Hi there, I'm new to Zbrush and I'm using Zbrush version 3.0 Whenever I want to create a displacement map with the multi-displacement 2 plug-in I get this error saying:

Error encountered while attempting to create multi-displacement maps. Exporting process aborted

Please help me out with this as I've been enjoying Zbrush a lot but can't seem to export displacement maps for Maya

04 April 2010
Can anyone help me out with this problem please? I'd really like to learn how to use this program

04 April 2010
In your UV map, some points might have been placed exactly on the edge of the UV space. Scale the UV islands/ move these points away a little so theres padding/ space between the points and the border.

05 May 2010
hi, thanks for the reply , now my problem is it does export but nothing shows up. What's up with that? I don't get the error that I posted in this thread but whenever I export the .tif nothing shows up

05 May 2010
I think the problem is that you try to make the disp map from the high res model. Do it in the lowest res!

05 May 2010
hi. I've already lowered down the model to low res, fixed the uv's in maya. but still gives me the same error

05 May 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread