NINJAS, The Short Movie !

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2010   #1
Talking NINJAS, The Short Movie !

Hi everyone, that's a new short movie, i made with my 2 co-workers, i hope you'll like it !

you can also watch it on youtube

1980, an old videocassette starts. In an anonymous building, Lee, by the light of a candle, is meditating. The quiet of the night is soon perturbed by mysterious shadows running through the city. Udenaga is soon here... The ultimate fight for the Ninja force can begin.

CREDITS

a YOANN DURAND -YANNICK SROUSSI & JULIEN LENOURY film

sound design by ADENA

music by PAUL HERTZOG

support us on Facebook and see all of our artworks on deviant Art

Thanx for watching !

Last edited by Pane : 04 April 2010 at 12:51 PM.

Old 04 April 2010   #2
I think this is looking very good! Really love the beginning with the contrast of ninja's aproaching and him being uber relaxed (nice). Great way of telling us, what will happen..

Again, looks great!

CHARACTER DESIGN

Old 04 April 2010   #3
I really liked the feel of the movie, you succesfully captured the 80's trash movies (i'm not sure they are called that) and the soundtrack was really awesome. I hope you take this project to another level and tell us Lee's story.

Old 04 April 2010   #4
Thanx for your comments guys ! i'm really happy that you noticed the 80's and the feeling that we tryed to do

Last edited by Pane : 04 April 2010 at 03:33 PM.

Old 04 April 2010   #5
Smile

Reminds me the last movie of teenager muntant ninja turtles.

Very nice the main picture...I want to see the movie too.

Old 04 April 2010   #6
Awesome work, really loved the animation and overall look.
Sweet camera movement too, at 2:44 I would have swear it's
a Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) reference

Fantastic job!

Old 04 April 2010   #7
Great work! And I love the music. How long did it take you guys to do from start to finish?

Old 04 April 2010   #8
Thanx for all your good comments guys !! It took us about 3 month, but it's difficult to know exactly

Old 04 April 2010   #9
Nice

Hahaha! I loved the 80s throwback and I agree with the rest you really captured that essence to the look and feel. The music I have not heard in years, and now it makes me want to watch "Bloodsport" again . Sorry if I just ruined it by knowing where it came from haha.

I guess critique wise, the only things that bothered me were some of the animation mechanics. As a animation student myself and an aspiring Character Animator, the part that stuck out to me the most was the walk cycles of the ninjas as they approached the door. It may have been a limitation of the rig, but the ankle/foot bends were a little too unnaturally high, you may want to counter that with less bend and slightly higher foot lift off ground. And there wasnt any real noticeable weight shift with the hips on the contact and down poses for the walk. But again, thats just my honest take.

Absolutely great feeling over all though. I loved the beginning lighting too with the candles on the table and i really loved the reflectivity of the sword showing the ninjas hooded eyes as he drew it from the scabbard some. That was a real nice touch. I think the best gag overall was the ninja smoking lol. The contrast of a highly trained, disciplined warrior in a physical peak shape....having an unhealthy vice of smoking hahahaha.

Old 04 April 2010   #10
Originally Posted by ksharp25: Hahaha! I loved the 80s throwback and I agree with the rest you really captured that essence to the look and feel. The music I have not heard in years, and now it makes me want to watch "Bloodsport" again . Sorry if I just ruined it by knowing where it came from haha.

I guess critique wise, the only things that bothered me were some of the animation mechanics. As a animation student myself and an aspiring Character Animator, the part that stuck out to me the most was the walk cycles of the ninjas as they approached the door. It may have been a limitation of the rig, but the ankle/foot bends were a little too unnaturally high, you may want to counter that with less bend and slightly higher foot lift off ground. And there wasnt any real noticeable weight shift with the hips on the contact and down poses for the walk. But again, thats just my honest take.

Absolutely great feeling over all though. I loved the beginning lighting too with the candles on the table and i really loved the reflectivity of the sword showing the ninjas hooded eyes as he drew it from the scabbard some. That was a real nice touch. I think the best gag overall was the ninja smoking lol. The contrast of a highly trained, disciplined warrior in a physical peak shape....having an unhealthy vice of smoking hahahaha.

very interesting reply, and i'm agree with you. For the music, we are proud of our choice, and his creator , Paul Hertzog, really likes our works, and that's a great thing for us !.

For the animation, you're right, thanx for your comment.

Old 04 April 2010   #11
really enjoyed it. good work.

Old 04 April 2010   #12
Holy crap guys. You have an AMAZING piece here. This thing is unreally awesome and I loved every second of watching. The character design didn't necessarily match up with the environment modeling but everything else was pure awesome. Nice work!
GChat AndresMWeber
www.moving-picture.com

Old 04 April 2010   #13
Originally Posted by Daemonecles: Holy crap guys. You have an AMAZING piece here. This thing is unreally awesome and I loved every second of watching. The character design didn't necessarily match up with the environment modeling but everything else was pure awesome. Nice work!

thanx a lot mate

Old 04 April 2010   #14
Great stuff! It really took me back to the good ol' days of the action movies
Must say that I agree with ksharp25 about the footsteps, but apart from that I think the rest looks really nice and smooth, good work!
Maybe is just me, but sometimes when the ninjas are running over the rooftops, the sound reminded me of when you shake a spray can before painting with it.
Anyways.. looking forward to see more from you guys!

Old 04 April 2010   #15
Nice cinematography.

I'm confused though? Are we meant to like the red ninja? Cause I didn't. He seemed like a jerk.

Thread Closed share thread