Wip

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2010   #1
Wip

Post all your WIPpy goodness here

Last edited by MikeHepburn : 04 April 2010 at 07:50 AM.

Old 04 April 2010   #2
im wondering

i wonder why anybody has post anything.. am about to post my idea and im scared :P

Ok this is my concpet for this vehicle thing :P i hope you like it.
is kind of a racing vehicle so imagine doing something like a bigstadium with some really big biprospeler.. the name dosent make reference to anything. i just made it up. . .
so the idea is to giant wheels and the pilot in the center.. when it turns the pilot stays in the center but the legs that hold the wheel open and close. also the pilot cabin goes up and down but i dont think i can represent that in a drawing... by the way.. i havent decide if im going to make it 3d or 2d.. what do you guys think? let me know! i hope you enjoi

Last edited by Genesisa : 04 April 2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Updating

Old 04 April 2010   #3
Im in

Looks good mate, I'm still staring at source material trying to gauge its my ideas originality. This is a tough one after all. His style is so unique. Its like and odd mix between perfect geometry and organic meets robots. 8D I applaud you for taking the inital step!

I like how your mixes the hard lines and the soft curves Im looking to see how it proceeds forward!

Old 04 April 2010   #4
Looking good!

Old 04 April 2010   #5
I'm in.

And here is the rider concept first with a hint of the machine she will ride.

Style is as close to Syd Mead as I will get without losing my own touch.

Old 04 April 2010   #6

ANOTHER GREAT CHALLENGE!

Hi,here is a concept that I did 5 years ago.Today I want to do something like,but with new design.
Best to you all!

Old 04 April 2010   #7
Genesisa - It's funny that I can see some similar things in your design to ideas I was working on...nothing major just little quirks. I'm playing around with something along the lines of those reverse trike things, where there's two wheels at the front and one at the back, but crossed with a car...more like a 1940's bubble car I guess. I still need to do some refinements before posting anything.

http://immersivevr.co.uk

Old 04 April 2010   #8
Hey!

has long as is not a cabin pilot between two wheels you can post whatever you want =p hehehe..no! im kidding! i wish you the best man! feel free to show whatever you have right now

Hey this is an update of what im working on! is a 3D sketch of my scene.
i wanted to do some kind of a race theme.. so in the foreground theres gonna be a huge crowd. im thinking about doing them with pictures. and all the background is going to be like burned with the sun.. this vehicles are really huge. so i think ill have to change the size of the pilot cabin..

i did the render using maxwell

Last edited by Genesisa : 04 April 2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Updating

Old 04 April 2010   #9
This is my first draft

Its kind of electromagnetic field car, the magnets in the wells have different polarity, so spining the well it can change the direction the repulsion from the earth gravity is repealed so the car goes forward, same to stop the car but spining the wells in the other direction.
The design is kind like an animal I think

Old 04 April 2010   #10
hey guys =) .. great to see you all here ...

did some concepts ...

let's see which one to choose ....

cheers n good luck to all!

Old 04 April 2010   #11
Hi everybody, just wanted to say I'm in on this comp, not entered one related to CgSociety before, but am thinking that it'll be a lot of fun. Not got a concept drawn out but have the idea in my head so will just go for it straight in 3d.
Will post some wip pics when I've got a bit done, but for now here's a brief idea of what I'm going for.
It's a 3 wheeled bike/trike thingy with a pod style cabin, but when it gets going speed wise, it converts to 1 wheel. A little hard to explain properly but hopefully it'll look good when it's finished.
Onward to some modelling!

Old 04 April 2010   #12
Hi I am quite new to this site, and this is my first time participating in these competitions. I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but can someone please tell me how to attach a picture, thanks

Old 04 April 2010   #13
Originally Posted by NicholasCaruana: Hi I am quite new to this site, and this is my first time participating in these competitions. I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but can someone please tell me how to attach a picture, thanks

hi Nicholas .... it's not a stupid question at all ..... first time is always the first time ....

> head over to www.photobucket.com and register
> upload your pics there ( there's a big blue button "upload images & videos" )
> once that's done ... check out on the left side of the page "share this image" .. there are lot of options ... from the list choose "image code" ...
> copy that code ... and paste it in the message box .....
> click the preview post button just to check if things are ok ...

hope this helps ya .... do reply if it doesn't ...

cheers n good luck!

Old 04 April 2010   #14
Hi nwiz25 thanks a lot for your help, this is what I have so far, not sure which way to go, with wheels, or without, any critics would be greatly appreciated

No wheels

With wheels

thanks

Old 04 April 2010   #15
OK, this is my final concept thumb. I probably won't post WIPs, just the final, so good luck everyone!

Thread Closed share thread