|03 March 2010||#1|
SMC 39 (3-23 to 4-6)
- The speed modelling challenges are open to everybody.
- In every challenge you will get a list of items. Pick one and try to model it as fast as possible. If you want, you can do all of them.
- Do not exceed the time limit of the challenge. If you're out of time and still haven't finished, post the unfinished model.
- If you finish before the time limit, spend the remaining time on refining and adding details to your model.
- Focus on modelling. Shading, lightning and "proper" rendering are optional (and thus not limited by time).
- Take as much time for reference hunting as you need.
- When posting your model make sure you post a wireframe of your model. (try to do more then one view of the model).
- You can do any challenge you want. The challenges are not closed when the SMC passes. If you fancy an older challenge, do that.
- For the concept items you have to create your own designs. If possible post the design images as well.
Items (2h time limit)
- digital camera,
- hot air balloon,
- football stadium,
- roller blades,
- traffic light,
Concept items (3h time limit) - design it yourself!
- park bench,
- laser gun,
- indoor swimming pool.
|03 March 2010||#2|
Really awesome topics, gives you something to work with that you usually don't do. Well, or at least that I don't usually do anyway... lol.
Tried my hands with modeling a digital camera, the challenge for me here was to only have one reference to build from.
...Was really difficult and there are problems all over the model, didn't have time to do all the buttons either.
Btw I hope it is ok to post the reference photo picture below, not sure what the procedure is about those things. The original camera (photo)picture reference is not mine and copyright to the owner.
Last edited by whom : 03 March 2010 at 07:33 PM.
|04 April 2010||#13|
Ruler of Omicron Persei 8portfolio
3D Freelance Artist
The Geometry Junkyard
Join Date: Feb 2008
Took me between 1h50 and 2h10. I'm at work and got interrupted so I lost track of the exact time. That is the time for modeling. Render setup took about 10 minutes.
And the reference
Last edited by RageOfAges : 04 April 2010 at 05:37 PM.
|04 April 2010||#14|
Microstation 3D and 2D Guru
Join Date: May 2003
Originally Posted by limozen: Did this bumblebee under 3hrs.
You know, I just knew someone was going to try and model Bumblebee, because I had been thinking of this myself. Just for the heck of it, I might attempt to do a model based off the G1 animation model.
|Thread Closed share thread|