short scene wip

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2010   #1
short scene wip

http://www.vimeo.com/10143912

This is a link to a scene I am working on for a short film. It needs a bit of work, the first part especially.
I'm pretty happy with the second half (from when the toupee comes in).
Its my first real piece of character animation, so I hope you like it. Any feedback welcome!

Oh also I modelled, rigged and textured the character, the rigs not perfect (also my first rig) so there was limitations to the animation.

Cheers guys
Jonny

Edit: There is a jump when the toupee comes in, that was just a small mistake, I will sort it soon

Last edited by stjons : 03 March 2010 at 01:42 AM.

Old 03 March 2010   #2
update, I realised it wasn't clear that the elephant was happy with the toupee landing on his head, so I have changed the scene a bit.
Now he is looking at a poster (or what will be a poster) that has a picture of him on it saying 'Howard, the worlds first tuskless elephant' then after the toupee lands on his head he will look back at the poster that will tranform into one with a picture of hima nd the wig saying 'Howard the worlds coolest elephant'

The title saying 'showtime' is a shot that will be of a sign lighting up saying 'show time' which is when the elephant then looks up and knows its time for him to go into the tent.

So have a look and let me know what you think: http://www.vimeo.com/10232206

Cheers

Old 03 March 2010   #3
I don't get it. I have a hard time believing that a toupee randomly floats down on his head while he's in front of a circus tent. maybe if it was a clown wig or something else more related to the circus.... and even then, i would only really believe it if I saw a clown upset with his life as a clown and randomly tosses it in the air (chance for some good acting there). I guess you could use a circus manager who's frustrated with his failing business and in an angry manner takes his toupee off and throws it.

I dunno, maybe there's other scenes that you plan on including that ties it together. That's just my 2 cents though.

Old 03 March 2010   #4
I guess i should of explained that this is the second scene. In the first scene a character is introduced who is wearing the wig.

It gets blown off his head without him realising. Then in the scene following the one I have posted, The elephant walks into the circus to start the show, and Carl (the character who originally had the wig) realises that it is no longer on his head.

I am glad you have told me this though as the story being clear is something I am very concerned about

Cheers
Jonny

Old 03 March 2010   #5
ah...

I would just post it all together, even if you haven't animated the first part yet, just put together a leica or layout something.

and I dunno about the guy not realizing his hair just flew off. You could have him react in some sort of way, that way you'd be able to experiment with some neat little bits of acting

Old 03 March 2010   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread