dragon cave entrance

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2010   #1
dragon cave entrance

Hi everybody,

I'm making "dragon cave entrance" and as I don't have much experience YET I like to hear some comments and opinions. Currently I don't know if I should go with comics like painting or try to do something more realistic with it?

ps. I use wacom and mypaint software.

Old 03 March 2010   #2
I'd say that was up to you, there is no right or wrong way...
If I was you I'd just experiment and see what looks best for this picture.

Old 03 March 2010   #3
Think like a dragon. They like to eat, so maybe some bones here or there. Is it a fire breathing dragon? then if it is, you should make those tree trunks burnt from fire. Do some quick research on how lizards live and see what other thing you can add to your images since they are similar in a way.

Old 03 March 2010   #4
Hmmm... the bones are a very good idea - Thanks ! According to the trees - I already though about making this more like burned - in the middle almost fully burned and on the left leave some half burned tree.

As I am still learning this only the first part of the work for me. When I will have some good background I wanted to put there a knight and fire flame that will fly out from the cave.

Old 03 March 2010   #5
Until now I have started the comics way painting.
The trees are still left and I thinking about other details than I can add there.

Anyway please comment what is good or bad painted - specially does the lights and shadows are good enough.

Old 03 March 2010   #6
Is it a very sunny day or just a cloudy day. Cause right now it looks like a cloudy day. Reason why I ask is because I notice a harsh shadow from the right rocks. Only bright day light does that where cloudy day it cause it to have a softer shadow.

Old 03 March 2010   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread