AWN:CGI Commercial Production, what it takes...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2003   #1
AWN:CGI Commercial Production, what it takes...

Quotes:
"Sarah Baisley rounds up facts, thoughts and examples of issues and trends driving producers of CGI commercials today."

>>link<<

-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 09 September 2003   #2
opinions

Nice to see so many opinions from different people in the same industry. I found the opening statement a bit misleading talking about "R&D hot bed in commercials..." when the articles Q&A format hardly touched on it.

It's funny how R&D is perseived to be this one element of what we do. And that it is the same everywhere. That it could be equally set up in different places doing work for different media.

As we know R&D is hard work. It is hard work everywhere. If it is about a new engine for a game. If it is how to cheat an effect in one shot (or ten) in a commercial. Or if it needs to stand up in 800 shots in a feature length movie. The R&D will never have enough time, and it will only just make it feasible. And it is damn hard to find the right people with the right sensibility to do it in every area.

The approach to get it done in these different scenarios are vastly different. It has to be based on resources, scheduling and mentality. Oh, I get tired writing about it even.

Good link.

Markus

My opinions are my own, not those of my employer

Old 01 January 2006   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread