Character Inspired By 'the Incredibles', Frogchild (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2003   #1
Inspired by Brab Bird's/Pixar's Incredibles trailer.

My latest. Inspired by Brab Bird's/Pixar's Incredibles trailer. I wondered what other inhabitants of that world would look like.

first image

getting better

C + C welcome. I'm still going to be working on him so it will make a difference. Thanks guys.

Creature Academy Kickstarter: http://tinyurl.com/93rxf7s

and

personal: http://frogchildren.com/Samples.htm

Old 08 August 2003   #2
Brilliant work kevin , very talented .
like the use of DOF and the expression on his face.
more more more

Old 08 August 2003   #3
good work there. as far as a critique is concerned.. i'd work on the gloves/skull cap material a bit more. that or set some more specular lights on it. something to make it stand out and show the geometry more. the light bulb is cool but doesnt look quite right. if you can see the filament it's clear glass and it shouldnt be yellow and glow like that.

overall a very inspiring piece of work

Old 08 August 2003   #4
The rendering look great !! I really like it. Did you rendering with any kind of Global illumination something? or it just your own lighting? Great work !!

Old 08 August 2003   #5
You need to look at ILM's short "work in progress", there's a character which is almost identical to yours, great work tho

http://www.ilm.com/ilmshorts.html

Old 08 August 2003   #6
ingenious

Old 08 August 2003   #7
yeh i think it looks similar to that, but still a great character.

Old 08 August 2003   #8
Looks fantastic!!

the whiff of hair is a little odd though...doesn't look old enough to be sporting long white locks...

Other than that...I'm down

Old 08 August 2003   #9
very nice...

I like the character, although there's something that doesn't feel quite right.

Don't know what it is, but I just may suggest that you think more on what he is, what he does, where he's been, etc. Then, perhaps you will add or take smth. which will make him even more convincing.

Anyway, good luck!

Old 08 August 2003   #10
verry good and inspiering work

could you show a wireframe ?

Old 08 August 2003   #11
man thats F****** Awesome , just simply great work ! I also cant wait for the Incredibles and yea it also Reminds me of the short "Work in progress" by ILM

what softwear used?

Old 08 August 2003   #12
Ha ha ha, great image so far but hey one thing i would love to suggest. His Face looks younger then his grey hair suggest. It comes probable from his eyebrows...when you give him some grey or black eyebrows it would fit much better with his grey hair.

Sorry but this is just a suggestion no critic...

maybe Im wrong there are anyway many possibilities and ways for such a design and all are interesting.

STEN

Old 08 August 2003   #13
I'm just after watching "Finding Nemo" and this is truly, as sea turtles sais: Awesome Dude - Totaly
But I agree with the others - this dude looks a much more younger that his hairs looks like. And yeah, the bulb isn't right - please work on that
And I would love to see some speculars and shades on gloves and his cap. Really, there is no material in reality that black as on your (lovely ) rendering.

Cheers,
Pavle

Old 08 August 2003   #14
Great work! I agree the the comment above regarding the lightbulb material. The only othe crit I might have is that the deformation in the crook of his arm could be a bit less sharp. It seems to lose volume a little. Other than that, absolutly fantastic stuff... What did you use for hair? And can we see some wires pllllleeeaaassseee!!!

P.S. He does not really remind me so much of the ILM dude (except perhaps his wardrobe) but he really reminds me of "Doc" from back to the future.... OUTSTANDING work man!

Old 08 August 2003   #15
cool scientist

Thread Closed share thread