ac3d anyone ?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08 August 2003   #1
Smile ac3d anyone ?

Does anyone tried ac3d tools ? http://www.ac3d.org/ ?
really cool stuff game modeling...
__________________
Gallery
 
Old 08 August 2003   #2
*am trying it out right now...

OK, since I own Lightwave there's really little reason to use AC3D but it may be good for those High School students who want to get into video game modeling yet don't have the money to get Lightwave. But at $25, Milkshape 3D already owns this market :P.

Some things I didn't like about AC3D were not being able to select polygons in the perspective view, and selecting polygons in the orthographic views was quiet odd. No drag tool. Beveling was automatic and not select, bevel, then drag. Bah, nevermind my ramblings... I'm a spoiled Lightwaver .
__________________
Steven

Last edited by dead_eye : 08 August 2003 at 06:23 AM.
 
Old 08 August 2003   #3
Quote: Originally posted by dead_eye
*am trying it out right now...

OK, since I own Lightwave there's really little reason to use AC3D but it may be good for those High School students who want to get into video game modeling yet don't have the money to get Lightwave. But at $25, Milkshape 3D already owns this market :P.


AC3D also runs on Linux and is used for flight simulators and other games - on Linux and Windows. There are games development teams that use AC3D and there are plugins that make AC3D save and load Milkshape files - some use both programs for model development.

Quote: [i]Some things I didn't like about AC3D were not being able to select polygons in the perspective view, and selecting polygons in the orthographic views was quiet odd. No drag tool. Beveling was automatic and not select, bevel, then drag. Bah, nevermind my ramblings... I'm a spoiled Lightwaver . [/B]


It's not lightwave but it's only $50 . Hold down the control key to select in the 3D window.
 
Old 08 August 2003   #4
LOL, cool, Ctrl + LMB worked. Will check it out some more a little later. It's a nice little app, the left hand control bar reminds me of 3DSMax ..
__________________
Steven

Last edited by dead_eye : 08 August 2003 at 08:23 AM.
 
Old 08 August 2003   #5
Quote: Originally posted by dead_eye
It's a nice little app, the left hand control bar reminds me of 3DSMax ..

hehe...I told ya..it was great for game modeling tools, especially texturing, has fast OpenGL engine and lots of export import format for game programming models
But yes, it doesn't have sucha great polygonal tools like LW or MAX
__________________
Gallery

Last edited by DeathBrain : 08 August 2003 at 10:19 PM.
 
Old 01 January 2006   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.