B-Movie Entry: Jimmy Hathcutt

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2010
B-Movie Entry: Jimmy Hathcutt

Jimmy Hathcutt is entered in the "B-Movie" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept / pre-visualization: Emo Zombie

Last edited by soapy : 01 January 2010 at 07:34 AM.

01 January 2010
Soaps is doin' Avatar

Wow new contest! Wha-hoo.

Not entirely decided yet but I am pretty sure I am going to do something related to Avatar. I am just so blown away by that movie I can't think of anything else. It is just so amazing! But since the contest is a B-movie theme think baddies vs Na'vis.

Buckle up kids, the Soapster is goin' back to his roots and this one could get ugly.

01 January 2010
Concept / pre-visualization: Painting the Troll

Mr Hard and Aquaman painting their mascot troll as Na'vi. Along with the rest of their friends they totally got into Avatar, the greatest movie ever!

A little recycling going on for the pre-vis along with some brand new models. You guys know how I roll.

01 January 2010
Ah, Soapy, you're in on this? Well have some fun. Looking forward to the craziness.

01 January 2010
Great to see you in this one Soapy (enter air horns and glow-sticks here) good luck.

01 January 2010
Glad to see you here, Jim! And as usual holding my breath to see what surprises you may have for us this time.

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

01 January 2010
LOL I very much like the idea and the joke about avatar I'll be subscribing this thread. BTW, your progress's very fast... Any tricks on that?
http://www. pictoverse.com
Himmapan Project

01 January 2010
hyea Soapy! Hahah al the old school crew is back!
good luck!

jd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

01 January 2010
Thanks guys, it is great to be back up here joining into a contest. This should be a fun one for sure.

Originally Posted by Yongkiat: LOL I very much like the idea and the joke about avatar I'll be subscribing this thread. BTW, your progress's very fast... Any tricks on that?

I cheat, that makes it go faster... seriously though I am using some old models and sometimes rebuilding the texture maps.Thank god for the rule change allowing us to use whatever assets we want. Reinventing the wheel every single contest was getting tiresome. Plus it did not suit the narrative style of storytelling I do. But I am also building a lot of new models. New models in this last image are the paint cans and brush. There will be a few new characters and a very complex stage set built for this contest. As for characters even I don't know yet who will stay and who will go.

01 January 2010
Aquaman just screams 'B-Movie'. This looks like great fun

01 January 2010
Soapy this must be a perfect challenge for you.. im looking forward to you thread

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by makaron: Soapy this must be a perfect challenge for you.. im looking forward to you thread

You have know idea how crazy this one could get. ;-)

01 January 2010
Hey Soapy!!

A pleasure to see you in this one!

Like your crazy ideas. Fantastic concept!! The monster of the lagoon, is a cool touch! great!

All the best and waiting for more updates! Cheers!!

01 January 2010
Work In Progress: Once Upon a Midnight Dreary...

Male seeking female love interest. Likes long walks in the woods, classical music and quality cigars. If you enjoy fine wine and snuggling by firelight call me.

01 January 2010
Hey Soapy,

Cool Frankestein for a B-Movie. And great humor touch on it. ;D

You can try a "Franky" like a B-Movie star, seating on a director chair, smoking his cigar and served by beautiful vampirelas. I dont know, that picture come to my mind when I look your image. Only a comment.

Cool work !! Cheers!!

Thread Closed share thread