B-Movie Entry: Juraj Molcak

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2010   #1
B-Movie Entry: Juraj Molcak

Juraj Molcak is entered in the "B-Movie" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Finished Video: The BEE MASTERS

Old 01 January 2010   #2
Juraj !
Again in the game !

Old 01 January 2010   #3
hey Gilles,

well, when Secret Agent was on the show I ended up with one concept sketch I have plenty of B-class stuff in my DVD shelf, letīs see if I can manage some time to play this game. Have fun!

Old 01 January 2010   #4
Storyboards / pre-visualization: Bee Movie Concept

B - class Bees. Wait, there was a movie called "Bee Movie" right? Some fancy, CG, fully animated happy ride. Well, this one is different :D

Old 01 January 2010   #5
Hi, looks like a great concept! Would have been a good idea for me to do! (see avatar) lol. All the best and look forward to new concepts!

Old 01 January 2010   #6
Nice sketch !
I still really love your style !

Old 01 January 2010   #7
Great sketch,
but i'm not really sure about the title. It's way too close to the title of that feature film. It's actually exact the same.
But unsure about what the story will be, maybe you should make it a bit more scary and B-class. So maybe a little less abstract. Maybe you'll come up with a more appropriate name after you figured out the whole short.

Cheers and good luck

Old 01 January 2010   #8
hey folks,

@BUZZFX - thanks. Yeah the buzzy beez are coming In fact the bees idea was based on that blinking honeycomb like thing (see bottom of the poster sketch), so they were kind of last piece of the story. I think that at the end they will look pretty far from ordinary bee design
@Gilles - cool, glad to know that!
@Nothingness - thanks. Well, yeah I kind of mentioned that there is the BEE MOVIE title already. I watched that animated feature at cinema so I should know about it. I just like the same pronunciation of "B" and "BEE" so you have an idea where that came from. But I took your advice and already made some new titles, but that will be the very last thing to decide.

I am currently searching hobby and craft shops to find some good materials for my models. I would love to stay away from my computer to take the rest from my daily work. So I will work with real miniatures and footages mixed with some CG bits and postproduction. I am looking for some advice about good 3D camera tracker since I never used such a tool. Also some resources of "how to kind" will be great. Thanks.

Old 01 January 2010   #9
Really moody poster design, it'll be nice to see different approach with the physical models - looking forward to watching your progress

Best of luck

Old 01 January 2010   #10
welcome to the challenge!
Best of luck!

Old 01 January 2010   #11
Storyboards / pre-visualization: Bee - gradation concept

still doodling around B-BEE-Movie concept

Old 01 January 2010   #12
@adib - thanks Adrian. Great to see you entering again. You are like unstopable machine

@Duncs - thanks. Hey I finaly saw your finished Steampunk stuff. Good final touch. About the physical models - yeah, should be fun. My tribute to old masters like EdWood I bought things for UFO model already. Hope to have it finished by the end of next week with some test renders.

Hey I get replacement for my low budget HD cam today. Now instead of 6 hotpixels I have only 4. Well, this crap should help to B-grade mood right? lol

Old 01 January 2010   #13
Work In Progress: UFO wip 01

miniature construction in progress. Some LED lights and silver color coming soon :)

Old 01 January 2010   #14
Hey Juraj! Glad to see you in!
Love the style so far - the UFO looks totally convincing

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 01 January 2010   #15
I've just written a reply to you on my thread...so...is time to write on yours...well...I LOVE THE UFO! it was one of my childreams making a b-movie..and the very first idea was about ufos!

Looking at your ufo model...a couple of tears dorps down my eyes! Cool...man it is cool! i really cant wait to see something filmed!! so ...good luck and keep it up!

B-movie

Thread Closed share thread