Spreadsheet won't open?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2003
Spreadsheet won't open?

Anyone ever have this happen? You click the spreadsheet button, and it appears quickly, then its gone.
Tried re-adding the plugin, deleting config, all that stuff.

The only thing I can think of (but probably unlikely to be the problem) is that one of my monitors just shit the bed, so I had to go to a 1 monitor setup. Spreadsheet was always open on that monitor....could it be it's stuck in limbo, never to be slid back to the other monitor. Or maybe that's a stupid question...

I don't know -- Ive got tons of objects to edit, and I'm stuck doing it one by one....HELP!!! please

Mike

08 August 2003
Did you trash the spreadsheet's own config file, or just the one for Layout? I would think that trashing the spreadsheet-specific config would fix things, unless it's a monitor problem as you described.

Maybe it has something to do with the scene file itself? I know sometimes screamernet freaks out when there are multiple entries for the spreadsheet editor that somehow find their way into the scene when you look at it in a text editor. Maybe try stripping out any references to the SS editor in a copy of the scene file, then reloading the copy?
--------------
Get Into Adobe After Effects

08 August 2003
it's on your second monitor.

just tested here at home on my laptop...i usually have the Spreadsheet open on the 2nd monitor...but I only have the laptop open now...so um...i think you might need to trash all the configs as Tripple G said.

08 August 2003
Can you not simply make your desktop scroll to the second one, and pull the Spreadsheet back onto the first one? Not sure if this is a Linux only thing, but I do seem to recall some vid cards allowing such things with their installed software.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread