B-Movie Entry: Joel Appugliese

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2010   #1
B-Movie Entry: Joel Appugliese

Joel Appugliese is entered in the "B-Movie" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Work In Progress: Scene assembly

Old 01 January 2010   #2
Now I've got to figure out what to do...

first thought was a tribute to "Earth Girls are Easy", but I'll brainstorm over the next week and see what kinds of ideas my frayed neurons can conjure up in my mind's eye.

Good luck everyone. I'm really anxious to see what you guys come up with.

-Rage

Old 01 January 2010   #3
Some memory somewhere buried deep down is tugging at me, begging for exposure. I can hear its distant moan.

I've no idea where it's from, so excuse the pilfering if you know.

2 robots looking at a poster for the latest B movie titled "Squishy humans from the blue planet" (enter spooky noise).

I'll work this one a little more.

-rage

Old 01 January 2010   #4
Concept / pre-visualization: Fleshy Monsters from the Blue Planet

You won't believe your sensory optics!

Your antennae will quiver in their ball sockets!

Your stereophonic output devices will emit high frequency static charges for days after!

Amazing Special effects show blood and gore for the first time on film. What is blood, you ask? Watch and find out!

Fleshy Monsters from the Blue Planet will follow you in your nightmares!

Behold! Director and film writer Circuit Capacitor brings you "Humans", a race of Organic Barbarians from a far off world who drink poisonous, rust making water and whose insides can corrode metal!

-Rage

Last edited by RageOfAges : 01 January 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Old 01 January 2010   #5
2D and 3D sketches coming shortly.

For now I will describe the scene in my head.

Foreground: View from the rear of a 50's style automobile, such as a meteor or some such.
A "male" robot in the driver's seat, and a "female" robot in the passenger seat..
2 "child" robots (a boy and a girl) in the rear seat, clinging to eachother, and
framed by the form of the front seats and adults.

Midground: A whole bunch of cars

Background: Cinema showing "Fleshy Monsters from the Blue Planet"

I have some other concepts brewing around, but I'll most likely stick with this one.
This challenge will be interesting, to say the least, because I have 2 scenes to create. One for the drive in, and one scene depicted on screen. For that, I'm not sure what I'll portray, but my brain is fleshing out one character as I type this:

He will be a cheesy looking robot, dressed in cheesy looking "human" guise. He'll be laying down, having been slain, and his "insides" will be hanging out. The insides I intend to give him are ribbed tubes (such as the ones that bridge your dryer and it's vent), some surgical tubing, and some spare parts (nuts and bolts, wrenches, hammers, etc) all cunningly (not really) painted to look like human guts. A fountain of oil will be spewing out of him, most likely eating it's way through nearby robots who got too close.

Cheers and more to come soon.

-Rage

Old 01 January 2010   #6
Cool! Reminds me of that Futurama episode on the Robot planet.

Old 01 January 2010   #7
Ahhh, that's what it is. It was tickling the back of my brain and I knew it came from somewhere, but I couldn't remember where. It's all clear now, though. I'll have to dust off my DVD's for reference.

Cheers and thanks csmallfield.

-rage

Old 01 January 2010   #8
Oh...looks like we have some kind of similar ideas. Hmm...hope your fine with that? Did not see your post!

Blog

Old 01 January 2010   #9
It doesn't matter to me. Most of us are playing on stereotypes and cliches, so similar ideas are likely to come up. Good luck with your entry duke.

-rage

Old 01 January 2010   #10
Cheers m8, good luck as well !

Blog

Old 01 January 2010   #11
Good luck Rage, yep the gangs all here.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 01 January 2010   #12
Concept / pre-visualization: Previz-01

I mocked up a scene and am unhappy with the results. It looked a lot better in my head, but right now I don't like how the camera frames the scene. I am happy with the concept, however, so I will play with different scenarios this evening.

-rage

Old 01 January 2010   #13
Good luck man!!!

Old 01 January 2010   #14
you could move the camera inside the car and have it aimed at the screen looking through the windshield. it would use the windshield as a natural frame. I would also angle it a bit to break up the repetition of a square with in a square

Old 01 January 2010   #15
@Peleng. Thank you very much. good luck to you as well. I love your concept and your style has always fascinated me. I'm anxious to see your results.

@Rols. Funny I was just thinking the exact same thing. Winshield for frame and slightly angled to break it up.

-rage

Thread Closed share thread