The Sideshow- character - giantrobot

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2003   #1
The Sideshow- character - giantrobot

I am going to try and make this model in my (hah) spare time.

It is Frogboy, and I am hoping that his lack of clothing is ok. If not, I will try to work out something like in the top drawing. I think he is freakier naked. I wanted to use beard stubble, body hair and freckles to simulate the way frogs have a different color on top than on bottom. None of this will matter if he needs to be dressed :(

Also, I am going to go with a slightly cartoony feel, i think. Not as cartoony as the concept, but close.

Good Luck everyone.

Old 08 August 2003   #2
hehe this is cool.... I would definetly make him nekid, and I doubt there will be a problem with it either ...... like u said you would like the hair, etc. to be visible... so go for it man

Last edited by mindrot : 08 August 2003 at 02:45 PM.

Old 08 August 2003   #3

Old 08 August 2003   #4
I am only working on this in the car as i commute to work. it is the only free time i have, but it will be cool if i can pull it off.

Old 08 August 2003   #5
I take it your not driveing the car yourself, It would be one mean feat if you were tho

looks good so far, not sure on the position of the arms at the moment, but looks good for in car work in limited time

Old 08 August 2003   #6
todays commute:

starting to get to some detail. Takes a long time when you are trying to do this on your lap in the passenger seat

baaah888: the arms are not in their final place, but i do think they are going to be in a "non-standard" human form.

I just got that crazy REALISM 3d anatomy book in the mail. so cool. I wish it came with a dvd of spinarounds or something.

Old 08 August 2003   #7
Your doing all of that in the car! ... Don’t you get carsick…man I would be puking all over the place. Well anyway good work….especially for working in the car.

Old 08 August 2003   #8
hehe looking sweet man... keep going

Old 08 August 2003   #9
i do actually get a little sick after about a half hour...but whatever.
It is my only free time right now.

here is an update...his willie is in there now.

Old 09 September 2003   #10
I am starting to lag behind you guys.

ok, here is today's commute's worth. (btw, my commute is 1 hour, each way)

I am at around 2000 polys. If anyone sees anything that they think needs fixin', lemme know.

Last edited by giantrobot : 09 September 2003 at 08:32 PM.

Old 09 September 2003   #11
lol awsome!!

I like the design, and for car work

Old 09 September 2003   #12
very cool! Is it for realtime? you could collapse the short edges at the mirror axis for fewer polys. and make him less symmetrical, even when hes in the bindpose. why not making his anatomy slightly symmetrical?

anti

Old 09 September 2003   #13
Quote: Originally posted by antweiler
...and make him less symmetrical, even when hes in the bindpose. anti

Thanks-

Yup, it is for realtime. It is for the game art challenge. Once I am near finished with the model, I am going to do an assymetry pass.

As far as those small polys at the center, i am going to try and keep those in order to get that nice back muscle.

Anyone seen the Soul Calibur 2 Astaroth model? awesome.

Old 09 September 2003   #14
could u give us a link to that sould calibur 2 model? I am quite interested in the game characters, as im a university student whos making characters for a project which is quite similar in substance to soul calibur 2. Cheers.

Old 09 September 2003   #15
In the drawing you made his eyes less buggy and more sunken into the head. I like the line and subtlety(sp?) better there. Also his shoulders still look a little strange. Like his willy though! haha

share thread