HMC #23: Ansel Adams Tribute - Inspired Landscape

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2009   #1
HMC #23: Ansel Adams Tribute - Inspired Landscape

Been thinking about combining Zbrush with Vue for quite a while now - figured this would be a great opportunity!! Ive opted to make a landscape inspired by ansells use of high focal length camera lenses and his ability to capture lanscapes with a strong yet relatively simple comsposition. Theres a thumb of what i figured id come up with - its kinda sketch but fingers crossed all should work out well.

Started out with the mesa rock formations - its suprisingly challenging to get the look im after - been using mainly the layer brush and a edited version of the flatten brush to get the strata look of the mesas - its working out relatively well. Good luck to all in this one - quite a change from character and architectural sculpts if youre workin on landscapes thats for sure.

Last edited by AtahanZugul : 01 January 2010 at 01:09 AM.

Old 12 December 2009   #2
Day3

Just through the geometry im still workin on finalizing into vue to get the camera, composition and materials in place - still early days. I still have to add mountains into the distand background and work up a zbrush sculpt for the actual ground plane. All critz welcome.

sorry guys - i have no idea but it wont lemme upload the attachments - it wont even gimme an error - and its a .jpg thats less than 800 x 600 - beats me - anyone know whats goin on???

Heres a link to it - hope people can access this one:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HvmWCdVyT...h/Update+2A.jpg

Last edited by AtahanZugul : 12 December 2009 at 07:59 AM.

Old 12 December 2009   #3
newbie who want get with the challenge

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HvmWCdVyT...h/Update+2A.jpg

[/QUOT
i want to start a challenge
when can i start with a current topic

Old 12 December 2009   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread