Gladiator, Pascal Blanché (3D), (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2003   #1
Gladiator, Pascal Blanché (3D), (3D)

Title: Gladiator, Pascal Blanché (3D)
Name:
Software:

Old 08 August 2003   #2
Talking

Very nice! I like the yellow-rusty tone to the whole thing. Really sets the mood. My only "gripes" if you will are:

1. The black around his mouth... it looks like a bomb went off there or something, some kinda firecracker residue. Is this intentional?

2. A shot from another angle! It's very hard to make out his lower half and see exactly what he's doing, if he's falling or trying to lift those barbels?

Overall great piece, and the mood is great.

-Grubwyrm

Old 08 August 2003   #3
Looks super great as always.

crits:
I don´t like how it gets cut on the sides.
A diffrent pose. Maybe .

Change the thread name to character: Gladiator.
It´s the rules.
Anyways.

Nice.

Old 08 August 2003   #4
Wow
You are a wonderful modeler. That work kicks ass! Nothing more to tell!

Old 08 August 2003   #5
heheh OOoooOOps thx for the tip Bigbad.. forgot to name the thread corectly
Grubwyrm , yes the paint around the mouth is intentionnal, to give it a tribal look... but i'll maybe work alittle more on this detail if too many guys mention it
As for the pose, I wanted this "unbalanced feeling" from that, you can imagine whatever you want..

Old 08 August 2003   #6
I really like this guy, great work Pascal, again
But I agree about the cropping, I don't think this image does nearly enough justice to this character, I hope to see more

Old 08 August 2003   #7
Are you always this good?!

That's some nice work, but I wouldn't mind a 16:9 aspect .
Keep it up!

XSI since Aug 10,2003, Max since June 1st,2002, Photoshop since 1998, Flash since 1995.
Respect:Johan Thorngren Paul Debevec Ed Harriss Neil Blevins Nik Clark George Saliba DeathBrain
Resources:CGTalk 3DBuzz XSIBase MaxForums Spiraloid 3D Palace CG Channel InsideCG

Old 08 August 2003   #8
It's a great model with great lighting and from what I can see great textures, but the composition is not up to your usual standars :(

I'm sorry, but it's not really all it can be in my opinion...

Probably due to the cropping and the really confusing posture (which is intentional, but still)

Old 08 August 2003   #9
Quote: Originally posted by urgaffel
the composition is not up to your usual standards :(
Probably due to the cropping and the really confusing posture (which is intentional, but still)

evolution, mate, evolution doesnt hurt to try something
different sometimes ehehe

Old 08 August 2003   #10
yeah!so strong visual conflict!
nice~
post a bigger one here!

Old 08 August 2003   #11
I saw you started a thread.. and went like

Then I saw the image and went like

Nah.. just kidding .. I love it!

As for the mouth area.. I see where the problem comes from. The make up doesn't set it apart enough. It looks like it's just another shadow / rusty area. Maybe if you made it and a slightly different colour or maybe with a sharper border?

I really like the composition though.. I don't really understand where his feets are and if his lieing on the ground or standing in front of a wall.. but I think that makes the image just more interesting.

Old 08 August 2003   #12
Très bien.

Old 08 August 2003   #13
overall is a great great piece. just some little thing about the combosition.

From the angle we see here, the from arm, body, back arm are very flat. can't really tell which is which unless you follow his chest. I think part of the problemt is that they have the same brightness. aspecially the back arm . i would make it darker on the inner side to form a contrast between it.

but other than that... like, the model, the texture, idea, feeling are greatly done

Old 08 August 2003   #14
Good point Hap, I'll work on that

Old 08 August 2003   #15
i knew before i even opened the thread from the front page that it was yours. you have a very unique style.
as usual top notch stuff. like mensioned before, the composition is a bit lacking

Thread Closed share thread