Getting texture to show and how to navigate camera?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2009   #1
Getting texture to show and how to navigate camera?

I've resently looked into shading and texturing in Blender. And first time I applied a texture to my scene, it showed the texture in my 3d viewport. Now whenever I choose "Textured" mode it all just turns white, I've tried the other modes without any luck, "Shaded" gives me a semi preview of the textures with light and shadows, but I don't want those on.

How do i get to show my textures on the objects in my 3d viewport?

My other question goes like this...
Since Blender for some odd reason doesn't allow rendering through perspective, I therefore want to navigate arround looking through my camera in order to take test shots, but everytime i enter camera view and try to navigate arround, it just jumps out of camera view into perspective viewport, this is really annoying the shit out of me, as the problem doesn't happen in Maya nor Max. I think i once saw a tutorial with a guy successfully navigating with the camera just like if he was in perspective view, but I can't find that video again. nagivating with R S and G is just really a pain.

If any have a solution to my problems, it would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blender_problem01.jpg (89.0 KB, 12 views)

Old 12 December 2009   #2
For the textures, they will need to be image maps to display in the viewport as procedurals will not display. Go to the top menu 'game' > blender GLSL materials. Of course as you already have, the viewport also needs to be set to shaded / textured.

Camera control: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/D...ing/Camera_View

Old 12 December 2009   #3
Hi Ian,

Ah all the preview settings are located in the GLSL option, this is exactly what i was looking for, thanks man.

Old 12 December 2009   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread