Getting better results with maya fluid fire.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2009
Getting better results with maya fluid fire.

Hello everyone.
I have been playing around with Maya fluids lately because I can't use other software on my current project. I feel like I get better results out of Houdini using pyrofx, but I think it can be done in Maya.

Maya is a huge pain when dealing with fluids because you have to sim, tweak, upres, sim, tweak, upres... n-1, n.

I wanted to post my file and a video and see if others might have some suggestions. I have seen a lot of simulations using Maya fluids on this forum, and I have to say that the best I have seen come from Mathieu Chardonnet (http://www.mathieuchardonnet.com/).

Anyway here is the vid:
http://vimeo.com/7350104

I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Jason

(delete the cache on my scene file)

10 October 2009
The attachment function isn't working at the moment so I will post the scene file later today.

10 October 2009
i would say that your movement is good you now need to play with your transparency and incan ramps. I always have to tweak the heck out of those to get a realistic flame look.

And yes the demo you posted has some very good fluid fx on it, I would say that he has pushed maya fluids about as far as anyone could.... inspiring!

good luck on your sim

10 October 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread