Batman Arkham Asylum :: Game Production Focus

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2009   #1
Batman Arkham Asylum :: Game Production Focus

OK,

Batman has come a long way from the movies, comics and the TV series that had him walking up walls with the Boy Wonder. (You know the shot with the camera on its side).
These days Rocksteady Studios creates games with fight scenes worthy of those explosive BIFF! bubbles and a whole lot more. Batman: Arkham Asylum won an amazing number of awards including the BAFTA Game of the Year for 2009. That calls for another look at our take on the amazing game production.
Click the image! Tell us what you think.

Last edited by PaulHellard : 04 April 2010 at 03:37 AM.

Old 10 October 2009   #2
Thanks for this. Easily my favourite game of this Gen.

Old 10 October 2009   #3
Wow awesome! Thank you for this production focus, very interesting.

Old 10 October 2009   #4
Thanks for the article!
Arkham Asylum is really amazing and in my personal opinion the best xbox 360 game on the market.
Congrats to everybody who was involved in this masterpiece!

Best regards,
Daniel

Old 10 October 2009   #5
Thanks for this Production focus
Great stuff

Batman is one seriously amazing game - the art is just stunning!! and no wonder why
i haven't even played through the whole game yet - so i have a whole lot of good game play time ahead of me

Old 10 October 2009   #6
The game is definately awesome! i'm playing it on my PC and it's a ton of fun. Love the amount of detail on all the models. It would be fun if they made a game at this quality based of the old cheesy Batman & Robin series.

Great work all of you involved in it!

/ Magnus

Old 10 October 2009   #7
Another vote for best game on the market at the moment. Stunning visuals, great gameplay, and some of the best voice acting I've ever heard in a game.

Old 10 October 2009   #8
thanks for posting this, rocksteady studio did an amazing job. this game is awesome, i love it.

Old 10 October 2009   #9
Arrow

thanks guys. Working on this has been a wicked experience!

Old 10 October 2009   #10
Congrats Albert! It was such a great game, you and the rest of the team did one hell of a job. I cannot wait to see what you guys do next. One of my favorite games ever.

Old 10 October 2009   #11
The concept and the character looks amazing.

Old 10 October 2009   #12
I wish there were more "the making of..." documentary videos for games... cool stuff..

Old 10 October 2009   #13
Originally Posted by JookBoxer: I wish there were more "the making of..." documentary videos for games... cool stuff..

I agree. Other developers should take note. I loved the "making of" videos included on the PS3 disc. The game was packed with extras and polish. Well worth $60.

Old 10 October 2009   #14
Quote: thanks guys. Working on this has been a wicked experience!

based on the ending, are we to look forward to a part 2

Quote: I agree. Other developers should take note. I loved the "making of" videos included on the PS3 disc. The game was packed with extras and polish. Well worth $60.

there was a making of version for ps3?, really. i wonder if there was such a thing for the 360.

Old 10 October 2009   #15
Originally Posted by DuttyFoot:
there was a making of version for ps3?, really. i wonder if there was such a thing for the 360.

Yup! In HD to boot! PS3 version also allows you to play as the joker in the challenge rooms. I have both a 360 and PS3 and decided the PS3 version was the better version to buy this time.

Thread Closed share thread