Getting frustrated with this metal texture

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2009   #1
Getting frustrated with this metal texture

Hey guys, please help me. This client is making life tough for me. He needs these hardwares (screws). The texturing is giving me a hard time. I got a lot of advice here but the client want to see the screws on a white background. As stainless steel depends on the environments for reflections, how can I then render on a white background? Mike Rhone posted a sample here http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...823#post6124823. I can see some reflections on those, but the screws are on a white bg. How did he do that? In PS? The client gave me something he'd rather like as it appears on a white background but not shiny enough (see the image "tube head1.jpg) though he's kind of like something in the one I gave him (see the image 9a.jpg). The problem is, mine (9a.jpg) is too shiny and glossy with colourful environments. It needs some blurring so the reflections would be rather metalic chrome instead of being sharp. But how do I blur it? He needs the colour to be like the image "tube_head1.jpg but with some subtle shininess and reflection. I'm using Maya 2008/MR. I tried Blinn and mia_material. By the way, I will end up animating this for him.

Last edited by nousername : 07 July 2010 at 03:20 PM.

Old 10 October 2009   #2
wrong forum mate, post it here : WIP/Critique: 3D Stills

Old 10 October 2009   #3
Originally Posted by JuGGerNauTT: wrong forum mate, post it here : WIP/Critique: 3D Stills

Pls which room? Can you give me a link?
Thanks

Old 10 October 2009   #4
You need to use anisotropic shading to match the surface of your ones to the reference.

Old 10 October 2009   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread