Photoshop 8 and Illustrator 11

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2003   #1
Photoshop 8 and Illustrator 11

Photoshop 8 and Illustrator will be released before year ends.

http://news.com.com/2100-1046_3-5062279.html?tag=lh

Old 08 August 2003   #2
aarrr man, not another version, man i'm feed up trying to keep up with software updates.:thumbsdow

Old 08 August 2003   #3
Quote: Originally posted by dell
aarrr man, not another version, man i'm feed up trying to keep up with software updates.:thumbsdow

YEAH me 2 it seems there releasing software updates faster then b4...it friggin ridiculous why dont they wait & fix all the bugs & tweak it out first b4 setting it out....instead of an update every year :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Old 08 August 2003   #4
Yay...more tools to add to this bloated piece of junk...

I'm not pessimistic, why would you say that?

Old 08 August 2003   #5
Anything that puts more power in my hands I egerly welcome.

Pull up your skirts.

Old 08 August 2003   #6
Quote: why dont they wait & fix all the bugs & tweak it out first b4 setting it out

well I agree that it seems too fast.

But honestly, I think photoshop and Illustrator are some of the LEAST buggy programs I use. No complaints there.

Old 08 August 2003   #7
Damn I just finally updated to PS7 a month ago. I swear if I saved all the money we spend in updates on a yearly basis I could buy another house or maybe even two.

Old 08 August 2003   #8
Adobe is moving away from serial #'s and going with a new Product Activation ala Windows Xp. Expect the new Adobe Suite that includes Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, and the rest to include the same method.

http://www.globetechnology.com/serv...ory/Technology/

Most definately, it seems a bit early for a whole rev update, and I wouldn't even contemplate upgrading it unless it was a real earth shaker. But I feel this Rev, may be more an attempt to shore up the revenues on the bottom line than anything else.

richcz3

Old 08 August 2003   #9
i hope they add more animation capabilities and give it better morphing also. if only you could do in photoshop what you could with elastic reality

Old 08 August 2003   #10
arghh.. working on PS 5.5 at school, 6.0 @ work and 7.0 @ home - please no....

Old 08 August 2003   #11
I'm sorry guys, but why are some of you getting so upset with an update from adobe.
They usually have a release cycle of 18-24 months.

Illustrator 10 was released in september 2001, two (2) years ago.
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pre...ustrator10.html

Photoshop 7 was released in february 2002, 18 months ago.
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pre...ewsrelease.html

So i don't know what's wrong with that time frame. Want to wait longer? don't update.

And these two products usually run more stable than the operating systems they run on ;-)

AndY

Old 08 August 2003   #12
Quote: Originally posted by a23
And these two products usually run more stable than the operating systems they run on ;-)AndY

yup. your right. osx is a crash course.

Old 08 August 2003   #13
I hate the idea of everyone moving to product activation. Most of my workstations are isolated so they aren't on an outside network. All updates have to be downloaded on the one machine hooked to the Net and then burned to CDs and moved to the isolated workstations.

Product Activation means I have to sit on the phone on hold to install my software instead of being able to install it out of the box and run and start working, no matter what time of day or night or day of the week.

I hope their Product Activation fails and they go back to just using seriel numbers.

Old 08 August 2003   #14
Oh just wait till the trusted computing initiative takes place en masse (2005-2007. Hardware, Software, Government concerns working much closer together.

https://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/home

Part of an early intiative that was flamed and disolved (at least for now) was the making of PC's by tech enthusiasts. Essentialy written to make ones own PC illegal. Or more clearly, the only people making their PC's from scratch, would be suspect to circumvent the Trusted Computing Platform.

So Hardware and Software makers are getting in the sack together to nip these types of systems eventualy. Oh yeah and various governemnt types as well. All in the name of security.
If you build your own PC's, you may find that the components will not be "chipped" to run certain software correctly or at all. Only companies with the Trusted Computing logo will assure of 100% software/hardware compatability.

I can see it now, getting my PC rigs impounded for running illicit/unregistered hardware. :thumbsdow

Keep your eyes and ears open on this Trusted Computing. Interesting stuff.

richcz3

Old 08 August 2003   #15
More power is all that matters to this guy.

Thread Closed share thread