|09-27-2009, 11:50 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Normal mapping problem in Zbrush
I'm very new to normal mapping, and my end result isn't looking right at all so I have to be doing something wrong...
- I first modeled my character in 3ds Max, then exported the obj into zbrush to do the normal map.
- I went to Geometry, turned off "SMT", and divided once.
- Turned SMT back on and divided several more times
- I proceeded to edit the geometry.
- Since I was having a difficult time getting the normal map to work, I tried two different techniques. The first time I went to Zmapper, and the second time I went to "Normal Map" --> clicked "Adaptive" --> Changed resolution to 2048 ---> and went to "Create Normal Map".
Upon adding the normal map to the model in 3Ds Max, these are the results I'm getting:
|09-28-2009, 04:33 PM||#4|
Lord of the posts
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|