softimage 2010 trial?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2009   #1
Question softimage 2010 trial?

Hi, any news about softimage 2010 trial?!

Old 09 September 2009   #2
Rumour has it that it will be available after the 14th Sept when 2010 becomes available to subscription users. (Although a number of subscribers have reported being able to download it already! Lucky gits!)

Old 09 September 2009   #3
Same as 7.5, an install can run in full for 30 days without a license.
So when 2010 will be publicly available, so will be its trial mode.

Old 09 September 2009   #4
thanks,
I want to play with new Integrated facerobot (if i'm not wrong, autodesk integrates FaceRobot into softimage 2010?!), and another thing I'll begin to learn ICE!

Old 09 September 2009   #5
I got 2010 in my subscription center on the 2nd or 3rd, but I can only run it in trial mode for the time being. It can't be long before they publicly release the trial; I've heard mid September too.

Old 09 September 2009   #6
So if 2010 is all wrapped up and ready for mass distribution, why the heck are Autodesk waiting another 2 weeks for it's official release?

Old 09 September 2009   #7
Originally Posted by Lone Deranger: So if 2010 is all wrapped up and ready for mass distribution, why the heck are Autodesk waiting another 2 weeks for it's official release?

I don't get that either.. i'm checking my subscription center daily, and still only 7.5.. no fair

Old 09 September 2009   #8
I have no idea why I got it, it's probably just completely random at this point. I also don't understand why the trial has not been widely released, but I can totally understand why they would hold off on the actual release. From a support standpoint it would be a nightmare if everybody wasn't ready for the release.

Old 09 September 2009   #9
I can't wait either. I've been using 7.5 for a few weeks just to get up to speed on the UI and functionality (getting away from Maya). I'm loving the modeling tools in XSI. Buttery smooth With FaceRobot in 2010 it should be a early Christmas for me:0

Old 09 September 2009   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread