The Age of Darkness

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2003
The Age of Darkness

I am gathering people to make a CG cinematic for a Warcraft III Mod I am leading, The Age of Darkness. It will not be a common animation, it shall show itself very difficult. But as i trust in the might of these communities, i will try. "What shall i receive at helping in this such hard CG??" you ask. My answer: Well, as the CG cinematic is so grandiose, it will surely be praised by everyone which plays the mod, and, thus, the staff whose worked hard on it.
I am attaching the faq, so you can learn everything you might want about the project.

The CG will need a little team to be made. (minimum required)

-Storyboard and direction: Me, of course.
-Character modelling: 2 or 3 people. Maybe even me.
-Texturing: Me, and 2, 3 or even 4 more talented people.
-Terrain modelling: 1 is sufficient.
-Environment modelling: 2 people is sufficient.
-Animating: well, this is the hardest part of all the Cg making. I will be the senior animator, but i will also need 2 or maybe 3 more people to make it, because it is a tiresome work.
-Sound gathering: 1 is required.
-Preogramming: This can save a lot of tiresome stuff, so i need 1 or maybe even 2. 1 is required.
-Rendering: As my computer sucks, i need somebody to render the animation with me.
-Editor: 1 required.

this is all i got for now.

People who want to join please give me e-mail and msn or icq. Also, i got a channel named #wc3mods (irc.irchighway.net)

More information will be given further.
Attached Files
File Type: txt faq.txt (4.0 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by The Lord : 10 October 2003 at 06:02 AM.

08 August 2003
Is there anything I missed?

08 August 2003
Oh, and i forgot to say, my e-mail is [admin edit - removed email address at request of user].
Please, tell me if there is something else I missed.

Last edited by Mibus : 04 April 2008 at 02:57 AM.

09 September 2003
Ok two months since your first post. Can we have an update on the situation of the project?

Thanks

09 September 2003
Yes, all you might want can be easly located
here.

Last edited by The Lord : 09 September 2003 at 04:52 AM.

10 October 2003
Looks like a cool project man. I woud help but right now I am swamped with stuff from my game . What all do you really need? Maybe put some things you need done first ect ect. CuteScene or something like that. Good luck man!

10 October 2003
Have you made a cinematic before?

Id add the following to your list:

Editor
Compositor
Music Composer

Can i see a script?

10 October 2003
I'll work on a storyboard soonly.

Are you interested getting in? If you are, please contact me.

10 October 2003
I enjoy editing and got top grades in my class at college for it. Once you get to that point please drop me a line and I would be happy to help if im not too inundated with work.

Of course that is a while off yet, but good luck with the project and ill monitor this topic so if you post some updates here I will definatly have a look.

10 October 2003
Hmm...... Is the script you're talking about like a storyboard? What's the "line" you're talking about?

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread