character: Home girl

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2003   #1
character: Home girl

I was interested in getting some critiques on this model, She is supposed to be 20ish. Stylized figure. some things to keep in mind.

click to see a qt vr turn around of her (about 500k)

thanks,
jason

Last edited by jmcalpin : 08 August 2003 at 11:51 PM.

Old 08 August 2003   #2
the really defined cheekbones make her look MUCH older than i think you intened, and the fingernails dont seem to be that good, looks like she dipped her fingers into paint.

Old 08 August 2003   #3
the shape of the legs look good front head on, but not from the sides, the knee shouldn't bend to the back that much, possibly more of a hinge is needed on the knee.,.,
in the back of her hair, it seems to need more curvature, right now it looks a lot like lego hair,..,
and i definitly agree with hobbes.,., the sharp lines defining the cheeck bones and how they follow into the chin make her look a little old.,.,

but i do like you extreme swooping shapes, creating a nice exagerated style.,,..,

Old 08 August 2003   #4
Here are more shot of her from various angles

Oh I was aiming for her to be like 20ish. So the info on the cheeks will help make her younger.

Thanks

Face

Face wireframe

Face wireframe 2

Jason

Last edited by jmcalpin : 08 August 2003 at 07:26 PM.

Old 08 August 2003   #5
Face wireframe 3

Belly close up

Belly close up wireframe

Body wireframe

thanks for the crits, more welcome,

Jason

Last edited by jmcalpin : 08 August 2003 at 07:29 PM.

Old 08 August 2003   #6
I agree with the others, you need to work more on the face. For me it seems that she's around 35. Make her cheeks softer, as well as the jaws. The fingernails as someone said, don't look good. Everything else is great IMO. I love her butt and her Gstring.. looks funny and sexy. I would love to see her animated!

wrx

Old 08 August 2003   #7
Ok, cool,

I'll work on the fixes today.

Do i post the fixes here or start a wip thread and post the final update here for more reviews?

Thanks,

Jason

Old 08 August 2003   #8
I guess you can post them here, it won't take long since the model is 'almost there'. Great work..

wrx

Old 08 August 2003   #9
Okay here is an update to the face.

will have more tonight.

home girl face update 500k qt vr

And a wire frame

J

Last edited by jmcalpin : 08 August 2003 at 01:42 AM.

Old 08 August 2003   #10
Just some thoughts on making her face look younger...

The difference between young faces and old faces are two areas: the skin and the flesh beneath the skin. Since the skull never really changes shape after puberty, age shows in the face because of greater definition due to fat loss -- "baby" fat eventually goes away and makes the face look more bony. The bones of the skull protrude more, which makes sharper shapes and harder creases. Also, the skin, as we all know from makeup commercials, loses elasticity and tends to form wrinkles and stress lines, especially in areas of frequent movement like the eyes and mouth.

To make your face look younger, try to round out the sharp bones of her chin and cheeks -- but don't shrink the bones themselves (unless you want to change her style) as youth comes not from smaller bones but from more padding around the bones. Try filling in the hollows under her cheekbones and in the crease between her cheek and her nose/mouth. Also, try smoothing out the transition from her cheekbone to her ear/rear jaw, this hollow also says "old" to me. You could also put some padding in her jawline, especially at the back by the ear, and make this curve less pointy.

I'd also look at her eyebrow shape -- although I realize this is a stylized person, perhaps the perfection of the teardrop shape lends itself to suggesting she is older, and therefore needs to pluck and shape her eyebrows. Not sure about this, it's sorta subconscious...

I was thinking at first that the slight creases around her eyes also made her look old, but in reality I think those are pretty normal.

Hope that helps

jellyfish

Old 08 August 2003   #11
tried to view that link, got a "file not found" message...

Old 08 August 2003   #12
Okay fixed it in prev message

j

Old 08 August 2003   #13
Here is the head. She looks really young here.

The three pictures are the original head. the semi smooth head and the totally tricked out head.

The last head I added an additional edge to the lips to shape them better. Top lip i just tweaked. The jaw and neck i just tweaked until smooth. I also was bothered by the muzzle area of the face so i loaded up a pic of a face and used that as a guide to shift the jaw & nose up. I also added nostrals while i was doing so much work on her. I also repositioned the eyebrows to be along the edge of the brow line.

J

Old 08 August 2003   #14
Wow, much better! I didn't realize how out of proportion the face was until you made these changes. Also you shortened the neck, good call.

Now I would like to see her animated

jellyfish

Old 08 August 2003   #15
One of my suggestions would be to change the eyelashes. Spend more time on them and give them different levels of length and shade as it passes along the eye line.

Thread Closed share thread