'MudWalker' and 'ReLight' plugins for Mudbox 2010 are now available

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2009   #1
Arrow 'MudWalker' and 'ReLight' plugins for Mudbox 2010 are now available

'MudWalker' and 'ReLight' plugins for Mudbox 2010 are now available for download

DOWNLOAD LINK

As Mudbox 2010 is out to the sbscribers, both plugins are now live for download.

MudWalker supports the following applications:

Mudbox to Autodesk Softimage / XSI
*Mudbox to Autodesk 3ds Max 2010 design (FBX and OBJ)
*Mudbox to Autodesk 3ds Max 2010 (FBX and OBJ)
*Mudbox to Autodesk 3ds Max 2009 (FBX and OBJ)
*Mudbox to Autodesk Maya 2009 (FBX and OBJ)
*Mudbox to Autodesk Maya 2010 (FBX and OBJ)
Mudbox to Autodesk Softimage (FBX and OBJ)
Mudbox to Modo 401 (FBX and OBJ)
Nevercenter Silo 2 (OBJ)
Mudbox to Topogun
Headus UVLayout
Mudbox to Adobe After Effects
Mudbox to Adobe Photoshop CS4 64 bit
Mudbox to Adobe Photoshop CS4 32 bit
Mudbox to Adobe Photoshop CS3
Mudbox to Adobe Photoshop CS2
FBX Import to Mudbox 2010
OBJ Import to Mudbox 2010

*Works from both open and closed version's of the applications.

MudWalker is free to all artist and companies with less than 5 artists of any type.

Enjoy

Wayne...

Home Page - Dash Dot Slash

Old 08 August 2009   #2
Does mudwalker transfer topology changes between apps and automaticly apply the changes in mudbox like go z does?

Old 08 August 2009   #3
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Does mudwalker transfer topology changes between apps and automaticly apply the changes in mudbox like go z does?

mudbox >> create a disp map

1 click to host app of your choice.

retop or add edges however you like.

1 click back to mudbox2010

Use sculpt using displacement to recreate entire model and sculpting levels using existing shader and textures if required.

In version 2 the disp map baking and re-applying will be automated 100% (ran out of time, plus I'm only 1 guy programming this.) There's far more interstig stuff coming in version 2 and 3 that no one has similar stuff out for anywhere.

Wayne...

Old 08 August 2009   #4
Wayne you're a monster!!! You're doing what ADSK should have done. Thank you!!

Old 08 August 2009   #5
Originally Posted by hanskloss: Wayne you're a monster!!! You're doing what ADSK should have done. Thank you!!

To be fair, they could've done ages back but as they only own their apps and not everyone elses they would only have been able to add the autodesk ones. Then cue lots of people moaning about them excluding other apps etc lol. So in some ways something like MudWalker can only be created for Mudbox by someone outside of Autodesk.

Users asked for it at a masterclass I gave in the netherland earlier this year..the idea started back then... I just made it work.

Wayne...

Old 08 August 2009   #6
You deserve an award. Or at least a pack of beer. Either way, you rock!

I'm not a programmer, so I wouldn't know, but as mudwalker gets developed more, is it possible that changes in mudbox, and another 3d app, would update in real-time (side by side)? It might be the laziness of pressing a single button speaking, but it would be very nice to have.

Old 08 August 2009   #7
If a single click is too much for the 3d world then there is no hope lol.

A few reasons why I think that would be a bad idea are:

1. Firstly it's pointless to have data in 2 places when only one of them can be used at any one time.
  2. It'd as a result be a massive resource hog
  3. Someone would complain that they couldn't do it with a 50 million poly mesh without crashes lol (you can guarentee SOMEONE would try it lol)
  4. Waste of time a development resources.
Thats my take on it anyway.

Wayne...

PS I'll take the beer unless of course the award could be sold on ebay for a wacom (mines screwed and wont work at all now.)

Old 08 August 2009   #8
Thanks for putting in all the hard work into getting these into our grubby hands.

Now all I need is upgrading to 2010 someday.

Old 08 August 2009   #9
Wayne you are a star! I'll shoot across a donation as soon as I've saved my pennies for Mudbox 2010 when I have a reason to use your awesome powers. Look forward to auto applying displacement setups between apps

P.S. Is Mudbox's SDK readily available - wouldn't mind having a gander myself.

Cheers

Not being a dick or anything, but you might want to check this sentence on your site, bold word is meant to say well:

MudWalker was beta tested at Pixar to assure it worked will in production pipelines

- My thoughts are my own and should not be confused with anyone else's.

Last edited by vfx : 08 August 2009 at 11:56 PM.

Old 08 August 2009   #10
Thank you, Wayne. Can't wait to try this with Mudbox 2010. Really looking forward to the v2 and v3.....

Old 08 August 2009   #11
Originally Posted by vfx: Wayne you are a star! I'll shoot across a donation as soon as I've saved my pennies for Mudbox 2010 when I have a reason to use your awesome powers. Look forward to auto applying displacement setups between apps

P.S. Is Mudbox's SDK readily available - wouldn't mind having a gander myself.

The Mudbox SDK ships as part of Mudbox 2010. Oh I'm known for my typos..brains goes faster than hands can type lol. There have been some spectacular ones over the years so I'm not exaclty touchy about it lol.

Wayne...

Old 08 August 2009   #12
Thanks to all those who've said such nice stuff....it took a while to pull MudWalker and its supported app features together. (Some problems encountered would make your hair curl.....dealing with roads into and out of that many apps can get hairy.)

Wayne...

Old 08 August 2009   #13
I know people are asking about it supporting Topology changes.

Out of the box, Mud supports importing geometry based on UVs.

So if you model a full body character as a single mesh, give it proper UVs, you can then delete the body and leave just the head and make topological changes that keep UVs intact . Make blendshapes in your 3d app, then import these as layers within Mudbox. The changes will affect just the Head, and not the rest of the body.

This technique is great if you want to refine a pose, like just tweak the hand without affecting the rest of the body.

So the question is Darth, can you import based on UVs?

Old 08 August 2009   #14
Is this literally just importing geo back and forth or is it more like a full alternative to GoZbrush? Does it do single click displacement setup with shaders etc? If so I'll donate right now good man.

Old 08 August 2009   #15
Thumbs up

Thank you for this, Wayne! I also wanted to thank you for your helpful videos on Mudboxhub- I enjoyed watching them all the other night. Keep it up!

Thread Closed share thread