johnnyh66
Lord of the posts

portfolio
John Hernandez
CGI Manager
Mundocom
Chicago, United States

Unhappy sad day...

I made the move to LW from Max way back in old days of cg. It was a glorious time for any person that could sling vertices or throw down some polys... it was 1998. I've enjoyed my relationship with LightWave but have decided on takeing a job that only knows the way of Max. Perhaps I can persuade them with your sexy modeler and it's knack for organics.... Maybe they'll be impressed with your management of memory once I show them you can run with PhotoShop open... how many apps can say that? I know I know... we'll always have home... personal work... work to be proud of. We'll create that perfect short I've been promising. The one with the characters so detailed people will say, hey nice bump map. But it won't be a bump... no, it will be geometry!!! But you know... as well as I do, there is no time for home... there is no time for personal... there is only work. I'll miss you LW and curse Max with "This would be so easy in LW" every time I stumble with the iconesc interface of the bastard 3d program spawned from AutoCad. Yes I will miss you... I thought I'd be there with you as you turned v8.... but all good things must end.

Love,
Johnny

Old 07-30-2003, 06:14 AM   #2
lwbob
what?

Oh, you will be back.

We'll leave the light on.

Old 07-30-2003, 03:26 PM   #3
aurora
Riding the LWave

Tim Dunn
Software Eng/Freelance Graphics
USA

Tis sad indeed! What if you have them watch the live video stream. Who could deny the power of LW after that? Well maybe if you after modeling since they are not showing what is already know as the tops in that area already. I hope someday a new board will come along for you and you can once again catch the Wave. Have fun and good luck!

Old 07-30-2003, 03:30 PM   #4
PolyMangler
Masqurading as an artist

portfolio
Bruce Cash
Graphic Art Director
Little Rock, United States

Send a message via AIM to PolyMangler Send a message via Yahoo to PolyMangler
that makes me a ssaaaaad panda johnny. hopefully you can destroy the beast from the insideand how them the light that radiates from the lightwave and you can once again come home to LW until that time congrats on the job and we'll keep you posted on [8]

Old 07-30-2003, 03:38 PM   #5
Sil3
Are we there yet?

portfolio
Marco Antonio Peixoto
A few Keys here and there
TeamTO
Valence, France

Even if u dont use it on your workplace, u can always use it at home, so its not a goodbye, consider it more like a vacation hehehe

Old 01-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread