add bones to control rig

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2009   #1
Question add bones to control rig

Hi,
can I add some normal bones (like jaw) to Control Rig? Now i only animate these bones like normal bones, they haven`t control points like IK control rig. But this is bad work, because now i have 2 sceletons (bone and IK) :(
some help?

Old 07 July 2009   #2
Originally Posted by stopar: Hi,
can I add some normal bones (like jaw) to Control Rig? Now i only animate these bones like normal bones, they haven`t control points like IK control rig. But this is bad work, because now i have 2 sceletons (bone and IK) :(
some help?

Yes, you can add additional bones to the character - by setting them as character extension. There is some information about character extension in MoBu help.

Old 07 July 2009   #3
* oh I see i was late on the response/refresh.
make it a character extension and it will work and store with the character rig.

Old 07 July 2009   #4
thx a lot guys! i`ll try it

Old 07 July 2009   #5
So, i use character extension and have another problem with it.
I have Control rig of human and it has more bones (etc. jaw), so i add jaw like extension and when i apply motion from mocap on this character rig - i have some edit motion on layer1 - then i can`t use zero key correctly. The bone of jaw is not place to correct space, so i don`t know what about it :(

Old 07 July 2009   #6
Too Late, Too Late...
Reply could be useful despite on old post.

All Character Extensions has uniqe Properties in the appropriate tab in Asset Browser. And there are "Update Stance Pose" and "Go to Stance Pose" buttons there.

Old 07 July 2009   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread