WMap problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2003
WMap problem

Hi, I'v been strugling with wmaps for a while now and finally decided to ask your opinion. I find extremly hard to get wmaps for the hip/leg area right, well meaning that I'm trying to get character pants work well. I have get decent deformation on the leg, but when trying to wmap pants correctly, skin will eventually cross the pants and show somewhere. Now I'm asking, should I get rid of the leg beneath the pants? Perhaps animate pants with MD? Try to get more sophisticated wmaps or what? What would you do?

Thanks in advance and if I didn't make myself clear, I can attach some pictures for ya?

07 July 2003
have you the same geometry with the pants and the legs ?
Have you seen tutorials on newtek site about it ?
Frenchwave rocks !!!

07 July 2003
Yeah, I have seen it. Wondering what would the be the easiest way to go. Well, I think I'll try MD way first. Tho I need to change trousers geometry a little first then. Deleting the leg might be easier, but I was thinking 'bout the result.

07 July 2003
theory:

perhaps can you compensate the deformation of the trousers with a morph instead of using MD only (like a joint compensation).
Frenchwave rocks !!!

07 July 2003
Yeah, that might actually work. I'll try that one also..

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread